wedding question...........

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
OK, what is proper etiquette for sending out invitations. 3 months in advance, 6 month. I was thinking 5-6 months, to give people plenty time, but the lady is saying <3
Any advice?

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
The last two weddings I went to I received the invitation around the 3 month prior mark.

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: CT2TXtech
lol
i dont know sh!t either about weddings

Who knows anything about weddings.
I'd probably rely on your lady's judgement, they never wrong when it comes to this stuff. (Even when they are).

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
~ 2 months is good - We mailed ours out the end of June with an RSVP by end of July for a wedding August 30th. Don't forget a crapload of people will not RSVP so you will have to play the "are you coming" game so you don't get stuck paying for a place at the table and they don't show up.

mf

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Ynog
lol
i dont know sh!t either about weddings

Who knows anything about weddings.
I'd probably rely on your lady's judgement, they never wrong when it comes to this stuff. (Even when they are).

Good idea, im already getting too involved in the wedding as it is. Just tell me where the bar and the tux rental place are

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
3 months is fine for folks that are in town. For folks coming from out of town, let them know in advance so they can make plans.

off topic but weren't you the one with a wife and two kids and then suddenly you had just a gf or something?

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
what about the lead time for ordering invitation cards, etc? my wedding is in june, and we have everything picked out, but still haven't got the invitation cards done yet. oh and still need to pick out my tux. ;)

rich

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: dabuddha
3 months is fine for folks that are in town. For folks coming from out of town, let them know in advance so they can make plans.

off topic but weren't you the one with a wife and two kids and then suddenly you had just a gf or something?

Aww man, read the other threads. Some nerds got confused cause i call her my wife/gf. Now weve been together for years, have kids, lived together for 3, so yes, i call her my wife sometimes, other times, i call her my gfriend. Im trying to say Fiance more now tho till its legal. So you prob wouldnt understand, unless youve been with someone as long as i have in a committed relationship with a few kids. Got it
:beer:

But read my cheating thread, it seems to be infamous here on ATOT. Check out my history, i too lazy to link, plus im leaving early today...........

Mathcop

Dec 30, 2002

Aww man, read the other threads. Some nerds got confused cause i call her my wife/gf. Now weve been together for years, have kids, lived together for 3, so yes, i call her my wife sometimes, other times, i call her my gfriend. Im trying to say Fiance more now tho till its legal. So you prob wouldnt understand, unless youve been with someone as long as i have in a committed relationship with a few kids. Got it

But read my cheating thread, it seems to be infamous here on ATOT. Check out my history, i too lazy to link, plus im leaving early today...........

Yeah, read his other threads. And while you're at it, read his comments about having internet booty calls that his wife/girlfriend/fiance/blow up party doll don't know anything about.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Tell everyone now when it will be (in an email, phone call, something) so that they can make plans, and then send out the invitations 2-3 months before hand to make it official. Don't just spring it on them when they get the invitation. Make sure they have plenty of warning.

The invitation is really for you so that you know how many to expect. They should have decided if they will attend before even getting it.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Mathcop

Yeah, read his other threads. And while you're at it, read his comments about having internet booty calls that his wife/girlfriend/fiance/blow up party doll don't know anything about.

:Q Now those I didn't see!

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
take into consideration the following:
1 - leave enough time for people to get plane tickets (if out of time) cheaply
2 - should not be way ahead so that people will forget the date (ie, 6 months)

rmrf

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Depends on how many people you want to show up. Consider how busy the month in question is going to be for people. We(she) sent ours out ~3 months ahead, but like Kyteland said, let people that are close to you know now and then just let the invitation be for your own records on how many people are going to show up.