Webber out, Mb for rest of playoffs.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
OH man... do you have a link to the article or anything... sucks for the kings but hey I'm happy :) Just makes things easier for the Spurs.

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Its alright, he's the biggest choke artist I have seen in many years... They will be fine..

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
It was announced in the Nets Game. you could probably find it on ESPN.

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
WOW!

Now if the spurs do beat the Lakers, defeating the Kings in the Western Conf. finals will be so much easier.

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
The former Michigan star faces trial in July on charges of obstruction of justice and lying to a federal grand jury involving an investigation into now-deceased Michigan booster Ed Martin. Martin said he lent $616,000 to former Wolverines basketball players, including Webber, while they were in high school and college.

I would be more worried about that.:)

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: IamDavid
Its alright, he's the biggest choke artist I have seen in many years... They will be fine..

i can't stand webber either. now that he is out, i can truly root for the kings.

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: spanky

i can't stand webber either. now that he is out, i can truly root for the kings.

Are you high? Without Webber they have no presence in the paint, you expect Vlade Dicka$$ to kick up a notch?

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

lol, we must be twins.. I love Sacramento but HATE Webber. I was hoping and praying last season he would leave at the end but he never did.. :(

jbahseng

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2001
Without Webber, looks like the winner of Spurs vs Lakers series are going to win it all. How boring it is?

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: jbahseng
Without Webber, looks like the winner of Spurs vs Lakers series are going to win it all. How boring it is?

Shaq/Kobe/Duncan/Robinson could use another ring.:)

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
i never said the kings were a better team without webber. i just said i hate webber. anyway, the kings played well without webber early in the season... i would not count them out. peja should pick up the slack like he did in the regular season. and besides... b.jackson will play... he'll slice and dice and tear up mavs ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
What a shame as it means the best team in the NBA will be without their star player. Imagine the Lakers with out Fat Shag! Well maybe the Kings have more depth (and a lot more class) than the Lakers but it still might hamper their championship drive

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
that kind of sucks for the kings. we'll see whether they can step it up now. i don' t think they'll really miss a beat though.

YaKuZa

Aug 26, 2000
i never said the kings were a better team without webber. i just said i hate webber. anyway, the kings played well without webber early in the season... i would not count them out. peja should pick up the slack like he did in the regular season. and besides... b.jackson will play... he'll slice and dice and tear up mavs ;)

Yeah, the Kings played well without Webber against the Clippers, Nuggets, Warriors, Knicks, and other sub .500 teams. Too bad everyone in the playoffs has above a .500 record. But now they'll have one more excuse when they lose again.

wicktron

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2002
Oh please, you're just a hater. Go back to your Laker la-la land instead of crapping on the Kings. You Laker people would have instantly used your injuries as an excuse if you lost to the Spurs in this series. Or for the next series for that matter. Just be glad you have 2 of the best players on your team HEALTHY. You wouldn't be so joyous if Kobe or Shaq were injured.

Shaq and Kobe were once choke artists themselves... Get off Webber's back, everybody ain't Michael Jordan.

YaKuZa

Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: wixt0r
Oh please, you're just a hater. Go back to your Laker la-la land instead of crapping on the Kings. You Laker people would have instantly used your injuries as an excuse if you lost to the Spurs in this series. Or for the next series for that matter. Just be glad you have 2 of the best players on your team HEALTHY. You wouldn't be so joyous if Kobe or Shaq were injured.

Shaq and Kobe were once choke artists themselves... Get off Webber's back, everybody ain't Michael Jordan.

Kobe was never choke, just too excited and out of control.
Shaq doesn't choke at the FT line, he just sucks at it. Rarely does he ever take the last game shot unless it's for an attempted tip in.
Webber has been nonclutch since his college days. He panics and things go wrong. And he likes to whine and complain a lot. Barkley calls Webber out for a reason, and Webber rarely ever responds. And he makes some dumb faces on the court. He may be back within 2 weeks though. Don't count him out yet.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: FrontlineWarrior
webber won't be back within 2 weeks. he's a little baby and will probably take half a year to get back.

torn cartilage is a serious injury. damn lakers get lucky again. i'm throwing all my supports Spur way now. btw, web will be fully recovered by game 1 of next season

sohdahere

Dec 30, 2002
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DAMNIT
Now I'm gonna have to go for the spurs from the west...
looks like the lakers-spurs series is the actual finals since it will decide the champs..

oh well at least the Nets are still coming from the east..