We will never have the elite, smart people on our side.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Yeah, because I don't suppose there's any possible way that calling them the "elite, smart people" could have been sarcastic. And based upon the remarks from those who fancy themselves among the "elite, smart people" here, Rick probably left off smug, pompous, and conceited as well.

So you're telling us that the CONTEXT of a statement can affect its meaning? Kind of like how conservatives carefully take the context into account when they interpret what Obama meant by "You didn't build that"?

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
You mean smart elite people like CEO's, Banksters, various other corporate types that promote grand illusions while not necessarily believing them themselves and pretend to be on your side,

Nah, the GOP has plenty of those types supposedly on their side, but don't despair they have also taken over the Democrats by pretending it's for the good of the people.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Yeah, because I don't suppose there's any possible way that calling them the "elite, smart people" could have been sarcastic. And based upon the remarks from those who fancy themselves among the "elite, smart people" here, Rick probably left off smug, pompous, and conceited as well.

I should make it clear that I don't think there are zero "elite smart people" who belong to the conservative party. I think a reasonable point to make though would be that the states with the worst educational outcomes are strongly conservative Republicans.