We took all of ISIS’s Oil?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Sure, but just assume that this is the newsfeed that Trump watches, and then ponder for a spell what he actually means when he says "we."

I think we've established that the only newsfeed Trump has is whatever is shit out by talking heads on Fox.

The man is so low energy he can't even change the channel anymore.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
What's propaganda? My video... How do you know?

Here is the same video from CNN. Is it now propaganda too?
RT Russia Today, is an outright assault on democracy and freedom anywhere in the west. Any quote ANY quote of RT is worse than breitbart and infowars added together. Get the fuck out of here.
RT = Russian jihad on the west.
Fuck off.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
So the president and Defense Secretary have now said that the US is in Syria just for the oil at this point. Very good propaganda material.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
RT Russia Today, is an outright assault on democracy and freedom anywhere in the west. Any quote ANY quote of RT is worse than breitbart and infowars added together. Get the fuck out of here.
Fuck off.

Didn't know you people were so sensitive to logos. OMG.

Anyways. Ad-hominins are against the rules.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Until Russia entered the war in Syria and exposed the smuggling, the rest of the world did nothing to attack ISIS oil. It essentially ceased after that... Of course Russian blowing up hundreds of trucks in the ISIS oil convoy probably helped.

Hopefully that isn't too propaganda-y for you.

The US did the same thing. The problem is that both regional friends & foes depend on the oil regardless of who gets the money from the sales. I'm sure it continues even as we type. Who gets the money now?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Until Russia entered the war in Syria and exposed the smuggling, the rest of the world did nothing to attack ISIS oil. It essentially ceased after that... Of course Russian blowing up hundreds of trucks in the ISIS oil convoy probably helped.

Hopefully that isn't too propaganda-y for you.

The US did the same thing. The problem is that both regional friends & foes depend on the oil regardless of who gets the money from the sales. I'm sure it continues even as we type. Who gets the money now?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Fuck off.

RT has some honest coverage. Not all of it, of course. The vid in question is quite real.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Maybe some of our 401k plans have a little invested in those those oil fields. Don't think that's absurd just yet. Maybe a few posters should check it out. Like a simple research of big companies tied to that oil and if those large companies are in our retirement investments. Or you parents' or relatives' 401k programs at work. Doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe some of our 401k plans have a little invested in those those oil fields. Don't think that's absurd just yet. Maybe a few posters should check it out. Like a simple research of big companies tied to that oil and if those large companies are in our retirement investments. Or you parents' or relatives' 401k programs at work. Doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Sanctions & war have forced western companies out & the Russians are filling the gap.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
RT has some honest coverage. Not all of it, of course. The vid in question is quite real.

The vid is real. The propaganda was the claim that only Russia was doing anything about ISIS oil. (I don't know if that was the vid, or just propaganda added by the poster who originally linked that video)

Nov 25, 2013
The vid is real. The propaganda was the claim that only Russia was doing anything about ISIS oil. (I don't know if that was the vid, or just propaganda added by the poster who originally linked that video)

To be fair, the US and the 'coalition' didn't start attacking Daesh oil pumps/transport until after the Russians turned up. I think the 1st bombing attack was about a month or two after the Russians showed up in Syria in force in late 2015. Until then it seemed like they were bombing pretty much everything but Daesh oil.

At this point it's a minor issue that doesn't have much meaning. <shrug>

Reactions: Juiblex

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
ISIS was stealing the oil before to raise cash for their operations. Apparently under his trumphip USA stealing the oil is fine as well.

I presume Russia has given the OK for this.

Has anyone inquired as to whether or not Trump would like a small side order of rape to go with his pillaging?

Finally, a war crime that the rest of the world can get behind.

1572312058274.png

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
This thread is premised on a statement by Trump. Trump also said we're building a border wall in Colorado. Full stop.

We started bombing ISIS' mobile refineries right off the bat when we started bombing ISIS in 2014. I remember the press coverage of it.
Since you brought up the matter of the Colorado wall, I'm revisiting Brian Williams quip to another pundit: "Shouldn't somebody tell him?"

My question is this. If someone tried to tell him that New Mexico isn't part of Mexico or that Colorado doesn't need a wall, would they be fired from the Trump White House staff?