We Still Fight

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: rchiu
Not just me but your bother, sister, mother, father, and anyone else you might care about.

You see there is more to it than just me. Oh yeah and guess what..the soldiers who are over there fighting and dying for you and me, they are doing it for thier families also.

I thought you just said you don't know if there is a link between Iraq and al-qaeda? So what are the soldiers fighting for? Again, just for you to FEEL safe? Are you really safe even if Saddam is removed? Let me refresh your memory, it all began on 9/11 when planes flew into WTC and Pentagon. There was no WMD used, there was no Iraqi involved, and Saddam Hussein was not involved. How is removing Saddam Hussein keeping us away from another 9/11?

ok you miss the point. My point is that while people such as yourself are out in the streets protesting the war, the police and other officials who should be focused on watching our backs so we can go on about our daily lives with out the worry of being blown up, or gassed, or a bioligical attack. so that we FEEL safe as you so put it, are being misdirected into throwing people who disagree with this war in jail.

And you can say for sure that Saddam was in no way shape or form involved in the attacks on our country?

Show me your concrete proof.

You can't.

i can show you pretty good proof that the United States is and has been involved in major unjustified, illegal attacks on other countries, does that give them the right to bomb washington D.C.? I would hope not, but it should make you think. i've mentioned this book in another thread, but i feel it is required reading if you are going to discuss US foreign policy seriously:

Western State Terrorism

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: TheShiz
Not just me but your bother, sister, mother, father, and anyone else you might care about.

You see there is more to it than just me. Oh yeah and guess what..the soldiers who are over there fighting and dying for you and me, they are doing it for thier families also.

I thought you just said you don't know if there is a link between Iraq and al-qaeda? So what are the soldiers fighting for? Again, just for you to FEEL safe? Are you really safe even if Saddam is removed? Let me refresh your memory, it all began on 9/11 when planes flew into WTC and Pentagon. There was no WMD used, there was no Iraqi involved, and Saddam Hussein was not involved. How is removing Saddam Hussein keeping us away from another 9/11?

ok you miss the point. My point is that while people such as yourself are out in the streets protesting the war, the police and other officials who should be focused on watching our backs so we can go on about our daily lives with out the worry of being blown up, or gassed, or a bioligical attack. so that we FEEL safe as you so put it, are being misdirected into throwing people who disagree with this war in jail.

And you can say for sure that Saddam was in no way shape or form involved in the attacks on our country?

You can't.

i can show you pretty good proof that the United States is and has been involved in major unjustified, illegal attacks on other countries, does that give them the right to bomb washington D.C.? I would hope not, but it should make you think. i've mentioned this book in another thread, but i feel it is required reading if you are going to discuss US foreign policy seriously:

Western State Terrorism

we are not talking about the US and it's policy.

You stated that Saddam was in no way involved with 9-11

I asked for proof.

You instead show me a book based on the us policy..how is that proof that Saddam was not involved?

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

You can't.

Western State Terrorism

I asked for proof.

You instead show me a book based on the us policy..how is that proof that Saddam was not involved?

Do I have to give you proof of each and every leader in the war that they are not involved with 9-11 or it is OK for US to attack them? I think you have the logic reversed.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Marshallj

There was no WMD used, there was no Iraqi involved, and Saddam Hussein was not involved. How is removing Saddam Hussein keeping us away from another 9/11?

Well I don't think that removing Saddam will prevent another 9/11, that's just bait to get the American public to buy into this war.

But I do think that Saddam controls a dangerous regime in a very unstable region on the earth, one that we need. Most of our oil comes from this region and we cannot have an enemy like Saddam influencing the region.

We must remove him to stabilize the region for our own best interests.

I think you have good intentions, but what's the cause the region to be unstable? It is the Muslim vs. US thinking that caused all the problem. With bloody Iraqis shown all over the middle east, I really think the regaion is going to be more anti-US than before, and make the region even more unstable. Friendly governments can be overturned by angry citizens, or forced into implementing anti-US policies. Using force is simple but very often not the best solution.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
ok lets try this again.

I stated that I am more inclined to BELIEVE that Saddam and his goverment was involved rather than they were not.

You stated that he had nothing to do with 9-11.

I asked for concrete proof for you to back up your CLAIM not your belief and you hand me bullsh!t.

You need to furnish proof to back up what you state.

If you are going to make claims such as you have then be prepared to back it up. Do not try to divert attention away from the subject.

So again I ask..where is the proof.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

You can't.

Western State Terrorism

I asked for proof.

I didn't state that, heh, make sure to look at the name of the people you are responding to, you got me mixed up with rchiu. I was just pointing out that the US has been linked with terrorism also.