We need to stay alert and vigilant and keep reminding people to vote!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
I sometimes vote, but as you said it's more to say I did than anything. But voting dem president in KS is pretty worthless. Other offices are worth voting on, but when people talk about voting it's usually about for the president and not state officials etc. But I'm sure a republican in CA feels the same that it's just a waste of time.

Your vote emboldens others just like YOU to vote. Higher voter turnout will motivate others to get out and vote.

Reactions: nickqt

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
this is how the fascists take over local communities, which is really what matters the most. There's more than just federal candidates on the ballot, you know?

This is a good point. 90% of everything that affects you is really done at the local level. Dems have disregarded local elections and focused on federal positions for far too long.

Reactions: nickqt
Nov 29, 2006
this is how the fascists take over local communities, which is really what matters the most. There's more than just federal candidates on the ballot, you know?

I know, but as always when people talk about voting it’s only about POTUS, thus the talk about the EC etc.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
voting means nothing unless you educate yourself on the candidates and issues
never vote for a letter

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

That's another item to add in the list of "naïve voter strategies". Another example we've seen as "I'm not going to vote, because Trump is a scum-bag and I hate Hillary".

There are two species of Asshole among the American electorate.

The first is the ignorant, angry Trump voter. This species will morph into other flavors, as the Tea Party morphed into Trumpie.

The second is the eligible non-voter.