We must save "Family Guy"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IvoryGrail

Apr 30, 2000
get rid of the simpsons and x-files and make way for futurama and family guy.

BTW does anybody still watch king of the hill anymore?:p

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I like Futurama, but I don't think the Simpson's is going downhill. There have been some really bad episodes, but the Simpson's is still breaking new ground. Behind the Laughter was hilarious, as was that duffman episode ("Duffman... Can't Breathe"). The Family guy is ok, the baby is great, but the dad is too stupid. I know that its a cartoon and isn't supposed to be believable, but come on some of the stuff is not only incredibly stupid, its not funny. The PJs has some good Ghetto humor, but its not going to last. As for X-Files, the plot was incredbily f*cked in the begining of the season, but it got back to its roots later on.

nemouk

Apr 26, 2000
Family Guy = l33t, very funny

Although similar to the Simpsons in characters i think it is good for a laugh.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday...

okay, i guess that was one too many "NEED family guy. the only thing to watch on tuesday... "

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
BTW does anybody still watch king of the hill anymore?

I don't watch it. I don't know anyone that watches it. I suppose it's probably popular in the hillbilly markets south of the Mason-Dixon line. Perhaps they can keep KotH, if Fox can show the Family Guy in the same time slot elsewhere in the country.

frostgiant

Jun 19, 2000
Family Guy is one of the best shows out there. The Simpsons has had some bad episodes lately (the one with Kid Rock and Behind the Laughter), but I don't think they are going downhill. There have been bad episodes in any season.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i watch the entire sunday lineup from 7PM to 9 PM eastern. yeah, i usually skip xfiles.

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
Yeah Simpson is going down hill. thye have just ran out of ideas, i mean it's like what, 10 years old or something?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
family guy is one of the funniest cartoons i watch
i even stopped watching simpsons to watch it :)

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
The wife in family matters was the elevator operator in the office building in Perfect Strangers.

Anyways, I like the family guy. It's comedy is much edgier than the Simpsons, although simpsons is still my favorite. Last season of the Simpsons was actually pretty good compared to the 2 previous seasons IMO.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
The Simpsons has to stay; its humor is just too unique, it's a great blend of subtlety and physical gags. Anywho, I think King of the Hill was funny the first few episodes, but as of late has abandoned humor and become some sort of sick animated soap opera.

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
yeah it has, and that sucks. The intro was funny the first time I saw it... close to being a good show, no wait, it isn't

3 left

SufferinSuccotash

Jun 4, 2000
The Family Guy is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeat *sticks finger up in the air*. That show is hilarious! If Fox dumps it, I'll... why I'll... really, what can I do?

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
i coulda sworn the wife in Family Matters and the lady at Balky and Larry's workplace were different people.
same actress, different characters.

-patchy

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I like the reruns of the Simpsons better than the newer episodes . . . they're not as subtly humorous as they used to be. Their best episodes where when Conan O'Brien was working on the show.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I still love the Simpsons!
Family guy is good, but not great.
Futurama is awesome!

Leela: Now strip naked and get on the probulator.