We have 500,000+ members on this forum??? Wow...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Put an @ in front of their names. Might notify them they were tagged in a thread.
I already searched these names and the accounts are no longer active. I was just wondering why they are not still around.

Last edited:

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Lots of people got banned in the great purge and then others left because they banned the interesting people that posted here. They also split up all the forums so it pretty much killed OT.
What was the great purge?
I remember when Derek Wilson showed up and changed (ruined) the forums. Then he quit. We had an amazing crew of posters back then. Every time you refreshed, the entire main page was updated with new threads. Nothing on the planet happened without it being posted immediately. We had a lot of fun.

Some members are still around but, I doubt they would remember me after all this time.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Some other ppl I'd like to ask about....

EagleKeeper
GooseMaster
Invisible Evil
Rossman
Dr. Pizza
DeadKen
Mo0o
Dennifloss
Nik
Loki
RudeGuy
AmdSkip
DarkShade
Nitemare
91TTZ
Everman
Dave Simmons
Mosh
Queasy
mmmskyscraper
waggy
OTAking.

Could they have changed their names? Are they gone? Do you know why?

the ones i've seen mentioned:

EagleKeeper - nobody knows, just stopped posting at the end of 2013 :(

Rossman - oh @RossMAN is still around i think. he got in a silence war with Anubis for a long time though:)

Dr. Pizza - i think he quit for some reason. i miss him and his goats :(

Dennilfloss - he died 4 years ago:(

Loki - he got banned, i think he now lurks in the forum that shall not be named

RudeGuy - he also got himself banned by flipping out on ATOT or P&N, then giving out his account info to random ne'er-do-wells who posted edgy crap

DaveSimmons - @DaveSimmons has been around lately, just hasn't showed up here for a couple months. maybe he's taking a break like the 6-month i took a while back

Mosh - she got banned, i think it was in the epic trainwreck that was AISTBATSMF :(

waggy - oooh i think waggy's gone for... legal reasons

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
the ones i've seen mentioned:

EagleKeeper - nobody knows, just stopped posting at the end of 2013 :(

Rossman - oh @RossMAN is still around i think. he got in a silence war with Anubis for a long time though:)

Dr. Pizza - i think he quit for some reason. i miss him and his goats :(

Dennilfloss - he died 4 years ago:(

Loki - he got banned, i think he now lurks in the forum that shall not be named

RudeGuy - he also got himself banned by flipping out on ATOT or P&N, then giving out his account info to random ne'er-do-wells who posted edgy crap

DaveSimmons - @DaveSimmons has been around lately, just hasn't showed up here for a couple months. maybe he's taking a break like the 6-month i took a while back

Mosh - she got banned, i think it was in the epic trainwreck that was AISTBATSMF:(

waggy - oooh i think waggy's gone for... legal reasons

EagleKeeper was my friend, we PMed for a while after i left.

Rossman came and went quite a bit. Partially because he was busy, partially because of bull going on. I miss the gang and our late night skype calls.

Loke hacked the mod account back when we were anonymous. I wanted him banned, others wanted to reward him with mod status. I was furious.

Shame about Dave, he was a good guy.

I will have to read the Mosh thread, it looks like a doozy.

I am pretty sure Nik got permabanned. Between hs obsession with the slutty red headed actress, his constant fights with his g/f and taunting the mods, he must have gotten the axe.

I miss Dr. Pizza too, he was fun.

I miss a lot of people from here. We had good times and were really a nef family.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianmanahan

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I am pretty sure Nik got permabanned. Between hs obsession with the slutty red headed actress, his constant fights with his g/f and taunting the mods, he must have gotten the axe.

tbh i think this post by nik should've made him immune from bannings, because it gave us this legendary picture from trygve in all his high-waisted-mom-jeans glory:

yesnik.jpg

Reactions: ctbaars

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Haha forgot about that pic.

Unfortunately I don't swing that way, but if there's money involved... 20 bucks is 20 bucks. :p

Speaking of missing members, @Imp has been gone for a while too.