We Got Us A Con -- Voy!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
These dopes are still at it?

Do they not have jobs, they just collecting unemployment/GoFundMes to pay their way while real patriots go to work and not have their commute fked up by these witless bums?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
These dopes are still at it?

Do they not have jobs, they just collecting unemployment/GoFundMes to pay their way while real patriots go to work and not have their commute fked up by these witless bums?

Some were taking time off, I know that. The real kicker for me: at least a handful were actually using company trucks and were shocked, shocked when their employers blasted them for it.

Also, it's baffling that these protests/occupations came so late — they were throwing a fit just a month or two before many provinces and states were poised to lift the restrictions they hate so much. Then again, many of the participants were opportunists who saw this as a chance to vent their general anti-government grievances (at least some of the Canadian occupiers wanted to force Trudeau to resign). This was the closest they were going to get to the right-wing revolution they so desperately want.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Seems like a bunch of cons in this voy ....

People's Convoy Wants Citizen's Arrest of D.C. Mayor, Police Officers

The truckers convoy has been circling the D.C. Beltway for 27 days, despite the lifting of most COVID-19 mandates across the country.
Wait, they're still going? I thought they tucked tail and drove off?

Also, citizens arrest....that's fucking hilarious. Like anyone in DC will a) let them b) give a shit about their opinion.

On second thought, I almost want to see these clowns try so they can be promptly arrested. If I'm not mistaken, DC has some rather harsh firearms laws that prosecutors certainly would have a field day with.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wait, they're still going? I thought they tucked tail and drove off?

Also, citizens arrest....that's fucking hilarious. Like anyone in DC will a) let them b) give a shit about their opinion.

On second thought, I almost want to see these clowns try so they can be promptly arrested. If I'm not mistaken, DC has some rather harsh firearms laws that prosecutors certainly would have a field day with.
I guess their invasion of DC is going about as well as Russia's adventure into Ukraine.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

The truckers convoy has been circling the D.C. Beltway for 27 days, despite the lifting of most COVID-19 mandates across the country.
Coleman, a trucker from Sun Valley, Nevada, told Petrizzo that he's been looking into whether it would be legal for him to arrest the people he named because of truckers' frustrations that they have been not been allowed to go to the bathroom while circling the D.C. Beltway. He said this has resulted in "people hav[ing] actually pissed their pants."
1) I'm curious to see what law he believes is being violated there.
2) They can't just piss in jugs like usual?
"Every American has a constitutional right to peacefully protest and visit our nation's capital," convoy co-organizer Brian Brase said in a March 17 press release.
Do we, though? I'd be curious where he sees that particular right enumerated in the Constitution.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oh well, they tried.

Trucker Convoy Rally Sees Few Protesters as World Focuses on Ukraine

While organizers initially said that they expected around 3,000 people at the event, that estimate dropped to 500 as the date of the protest grew closer.

Oh, and them too:

Protest Against Covid-19 Mandates Draws Small Crowd

www.wsj.com.ico
Wall Street Journal|2 hours ago
A planned protest on the National Mall against Covid-19 vaccine and mask mandates drew few attendees on Tuesday afternoon. Still, security measures remain heightened around the Capitol ahead of the State of the Union later Tuesday.
Don't need no stinking masks!

Truckers protesting mask orders are now experiencing Covid-like symptoms | Salon.com

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Do we, though? I'd be curious where he sees that particular right enumerated in the Constitution.

so the lifelong bedwetters are complaining that DC security is forcing them to piss in their pants while they take their time to get in everyone's way?

lol.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Sounds a lot like the same idiocy from the Canadian trucker protests. Some of them seriously believed they could charge Trudeau with crimes (including those fantasies about the Nuremberg Code) or force him to resign. A complete disconnect from actual legal procedure, not to mention reality.

Reactions: sandorski

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Pissing your pants to own the libs AND blaming the government for said soiled pants is just...next level conservatism.

Nov 17, 2019
Egg-ceptional!!!

Inept 'People's Convoy' chased out of Bay Area by egg-throwing kids

www.sfgate.com.ico
SFGate|1 hour ago
The dreams of the "People's Convoy" quickly died in the Bay Area after a critical tactical error: turning onto a street with a Safeway and a group of bored kids. The trucker convoy, which aimed to emulate the disruptive Canadian protests against COVID restrictions,

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Violence against the people. You twits, convoy supporters barely crack 20,000 people. Yeah you stand for the majority *rolls eyes*

Reactions: sandorski