We are within 100 days of financial doomsday

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: event8horizon
perry- check out the sig.....
Interesting. So many terms for the different forms of regimes.
All I really know is that central economic planning is a disaster for the average individual citizen and will ultimately wipe out the middle class.
One point the video brings up repeatedly is that wealth is not actually destroyed but merely transferred.

Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
OP, what options do we have if what you say is true or are you just proposing more doomsday scenarios with no way out?

Do you mean short or long term?
In the short term invest in other currencies that are proven to be more stable. Invest in precious metals or commodities. There will always be an increasing demand for gold, silver(and many other metals) and commodities. People will always need food and beans will never go out of style. Pay off any debt that is leveraged. Debts that are not leveraged can wait. These are just a few short term solutions.
In the long term the only solution is to support leaders that will remove the power of private entities to run rampant with fractional reserve banking. I would say the first step would be to have the department of treasury take over all functions of the federal reserve. Why should we borrow money and pay it back with interest when we can make it ourselves? If we can create bonds then why not money? The federal reserve collect hundreds of billions of dollars in interest on the American taxpayer every single year. These would be a first step in the long term.

There are steps we can take. I don't encourage individuals to pull their cash from the bank to cause trouble. I warn people because a collapse is inevitable. It is unavoidable and I would rather have done my part to help individuals become educated and preserve their wealth then to participate in the deception and the theft of the middle class.

event8horizon

Nov 15, 2007
Originally posted by: Perry404
All I really know is that central economic planning is a disaster for the average individual citizen and will ultimately wipe out the middle class.
One point the video brings up repeatedly is that wealth is not actually destroyed but merely transferred.

right now, i think john mccain said, that there is the biggest transfer of wealth in history going on in america (out of america). i believe he was relating it to oil. i need to research who buys our debt. is it the central banks of say japan and china (some of the biggest holders of our debt), or is it individual banks??? id like to know who on the other side is getting that interest on that borrowed money??

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

right now, i think john mccain said, that there is the biggest transfer of wealth in history going on in america (out of america). i believe he was relating it to oil. i need to research who buys our debt. is it the central banks of say japan and china (some of the biggest holders of our debt), or is it individual banks??? id like to know who on the other side is getting that interest on that borrowed money??

Well I believe McCain is talking about some of those things but also outsourcing and trade. None of that matters imo. It's all secondary to the money that ends up in the hands of the fed. Two examples of this are through foreclosures(especially during a depression) and the interest paid on loans to the government. Things like outsourcing are inevitable as a global economy is inevitable. Much of the debt you are speaking about such as bonds will hurt the global economy in a big way. I think China was purchasing a trillion dollars in bonds per year last I heard. So although they are getting paid with interest, inflation is progressing at an alarming rate. I don't believe you will ever, ever hear the words federal reserve or fractional reserve banking come out of John McCains mouth. He doesn't understand the problem in the same way that Barack Obama doesn't understand the problem. They're both trying to bandage up a cancer.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

OP, what options do we have if what you say is true or are you just proposing more doomsday scenarios with no way out?

In the short term invest in other currencies that are proven to be more stable. Invest in precious metals or commodities. There will always be an increasing demand for gold, silver(and many other metals) and commodities. People will always need food and beans will never go out of style. Pay off any debt that is leveraged. Debts that are not leveraged can wait. These are just a few short term solutions.
In the long term the only solution is to support leaders that will remove the power of private entities to run rampant with fractional reserve banking. I would say the first step would be to have the department of treasury take over all functions of the federal reserve. Why should we borrow money and pay it back with interest when we can make it ourselves? If we can create bonds then why not money? The federal reserve collect hundreds of billions of dollars in interest on the American taxpayer every single year. These would be a first step in the long term.

There are steps we can take. I don't encourage individuals to pull their cash from the bank to cause trouble. I warn people because a collapse is inevitable. It is unavoidable and I would rather have done my part to help individuals become educated and preserve their wealth then to participate in the deception and the theft of the middle class.

buying gold is a way to protect my assets it isn't a solution to the problem.

What actionable suggestions can u make that everyone can take today to make sure there is a permanent fix put in place ASAP

event8horizon

Nov 15, 2007
perry-
I don't believe you will ever, ever hear the words federal reserve or fractional reserve banking come out of John McCains mouth. He doesn't understand the problem in the same way that Barack Obama doesn't understand the problem. They're both trying to bandage up a cancer.

i agree!!! the genie is out of the bottle!!!!

Dec 26, 2007
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
I don't know about "100 days" but it will happen. And all those naysayers will turn into <whiny voice>"I knew it was going to happen because I'm super economy man". :disgust:

Or better yet, run around the internet screaming the sky is falling and then, when it actually might happen, run around in your holier than thou attitude claiming you were so right while being happy about the situation. Gotta love gloating over disaster.
:disgust:

ala Dave??

:roll: :cookie:

Thanks for at least admitting I was right though :thumbsup:

Hey, let me guess, you think that hurricane that hit was a Cat 3 and you called it 2 weeks ago, right?

I predict a Cat 4 hurricane will hit the US in the next 5 years.

I predict the sun will rise tomorrow.

You know the odds of a Cat 4 NOT hitting the US in 5 years are quite small right? A Cat 5 I might be able to agree, but we have not had anything even close hit the US the past two hurricane seasons. That means that we are 2 years into any kind of cycle, and the odds of getting a cat 4/5 is going to be much higher.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

What actionable suggestions can u make that everyone can take today to make sure there is a permanent fix put in place ASAP

You mean what are the magic words to fix this mess? Sorry buddy I don't have that answer. Whether we do what's right or continue on the same path we are going to undergo difficult times.
Becoming educated & voting intelligently is the only thing that comes to mind.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

You mean what are the magic words to fix this mess? Sorry buddy I don't have that answer. Whether we do what's right or continue on the same path we are going to undergo difficult times.

your not making any sense. Getting educated doesn't change the fed system. Voting on a rigged 2 party system won't do it either. Its easy to post a video stating problems not quite is easy to propose genuine solutions.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

your not making any sense. Getting educated doesn't change the fed system. Voting on a rigged 2 party system won't do it either. Its easy to post a video stating problems not quite is easy to propose genuine solutions.

Not really sure what point you're attempting to make.
I never suggested for a moment that any fix would be easy.
Yes the system is biased to the two major parties yet we still have other options. Voting is key. Vote for deregulation of the economy, vote for lower taxes, vote for states rights and vote for anything that empowers the people and distributes power in the broadest possible manner. First and foremost interpret the constitution literally and obey it.
Hold your elected leaders to their oath. Remove the money from Washington and you remove the incentive for lobbies.
Even if we did all this and did everything right Americans would still suffer because an honest system would mean transparency. A transparent system would be to reveal the true extent & severity of our problems which might very well result in a drastic plunge of the dollar to its true support level.
The thing is that regardless of whether or not we take corrective action we must pay the piper. The market is smarter than any market maker.

If one walks ten miles into the forest one must walk 10 miles to get out.
The question is, will we learn from our mistakes and make the proper alterations or will we continue on the same path until we are powerless?
And if we don't make changes we will eventually be robbed of our power entirely as in the current system the worse it gets the more power we hand over to the status-quo with the delusional hope that they fix the problem.
(Here is one very minor example of delusional legislation that is meant to "fix" the economy as if shorts had anything whatsoever to do with an issues value)
(Utter ignorance and misunderstanding of the market)
The only real solution is a long term solution and men like Ron Paul have been saying this since the beginning. One of the reasons Paul isn't popular is because he never made any grandiose promises to save the glorious empire. He offers us discipline and a more hopeful future yet has always insisted that there is no miracle fix and hard times lie ahead regardless.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
I don't know about "100 days" but it will happen. And all those naysayers will turn into <whiny voice>"I knew it was going to happen because I'm super economy man". :disgust:

Or better yet, run around the internet screaming the sky is falling and then, when it actually might happen, run around in your holier than thou attitude claiming you were so right while being happy about the situation. Gotta love gloating over disaster.
:disgust:

ala Dave??

:roll: :cookie:

Thanks for at least admitting I was right though :thumbsup:

You're no more right than me claiming that you are going to die in the next 100 years. Just wait...you'll see.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

Yes the system is biased to the two major parties yet we still have other options. Voting is key. Vote for deregulation of the economy, vote for lower taxes, vote for states rights and vote for anything that empowers the people and distributes power in the broadest possible manner. First and foremost interpret the constitution literally and obey it.
Hold your elected leaders to their oath. Remove the money from Washington and you remove the incentive for lobbies.
Even if we did all this and did everything right Americans would still suffer because an honest system would mean transparency. A transparent system would be to reveal the true extent & severity of our problems which might very well result in a drastic plunge of the dollar to its true support level.
The thing is that regardless of whether or not we take corrective action we must pay the piper. The market is smarter than any market maker.

The question is, will we learn from our mistakes and make the proper alterations or will we continue on the same path until we are powerless?
And if we don't make changes we will eventually be robbed of our power entirely as in the current system the worse it gets the more power we hand over to the status-quo with the delusional hope that they fix the problem.
(Here is one very minor example of delusional legislation that is meant to "fix" the economy as if shorts had anything whatsoever to do with an issues value)
The only real solution is a long term solution and men like Ron Paul have been saying this since the beginning. One of the reasons Paul isn't popular is because he never made any grandiose promises to save the glorious empire. He offers us discipline and a more hopeful future yet has always insisted that there is no miracle fix and hard times lie ahead regardless.

VOTE? VOTE FOR WHAT? ???? HOW DO WE DO THESE THINGS!!!! Christ your dense. We get to vote on two shitty candidates. That is all we get to vote on. Where are these other magical voting stations that we can use?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
this thread is outrageously dumb, i hope you all get cancer.l

lol, thanks, that made me start laughing in a meeting. :p

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

VOTE? VOTE FOR WHAT? ???? HOW DO WE DO THESE THINGS!!!! Christ your dense. We get to vote on two shitty candidates. That is all we get to vote on. Where are these other magical voting stations that we can use?

Bob Barr Chuck Baldwin

Both leave something to be desired but are nonetheless a start.

neodyn55

Oct 16, 2007
Originally posted by: yllus

AT P&N when you're in a meeting???

You are well and truly trapped in this quagmire.

:p

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: neodyn55

Hey, how much gets done in your office after lunch on a Friday afternoon? :p

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: neodyn55

Hey, how much gets done in your office after lunch on a Friday afternoon? :p

This stuff called work seems to evaporate come about 2pm on a Friday. We just spent the last five minutes who would get the better desk based on our cumulative gpa of our most recent graduate degree. *sigh* 30 minutes.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
It's going to be funny bumping this thread when the economy not only recovers, but begins to boom starting sometime in 2009. Seriously, laymen economists are annoying.

Yep. My biggest annoyance is that all these bail-outs keep postponing/diminishing the Jubilee.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Bob Barr Chuck Baldwin

Both leave something to be desired but are nonetheless a start.

You arent serious are you? You think the electoral college would vote for an independant?

Iceberg is correct. You're dense.

I see. Perhaps you might point out to me where I said that because I don't remember.

Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
It's going to be funny bumping this thread when the economy not only recovers, but begins to boom starting sometime in 2009. Seriously, laymen economists are annoying.

Yep. My biggest annoyance is that all these bail-outs keep postponing/diminishing the Jubilee.

I'll await the day that you gentlemen can bump this thread and tell me how wrong I was. And if I am wrong do you know what I will say?
"I was wrong".
And WOW what a tremendous lift that will be to your ego!
I know you gentlemen will savor that day in your hearts.
Let us all hope I am wrong. God knows I do.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Given the necessity that things must get worse before they get better, 100 days is an easy guess. 'Doomsday' though will never occur so long as the country remains intact.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Given the necessity that things must get worse before they get better, 100 days is an easy guess. 'Doomsday' though will never occur so long as the country remains intact.

I love how you guys can laugh at me but you're not quite courageous enough to make the jump and tell me how dead wrong I am.
So you think I've been "guessing" about everything I've been commenting on for the past two years?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

I love how you guys can laugh at me but you're not quite courageous enough to make the jump and tell me how dead wrong I am.
So you think I've been "guessing" about everything I've been commenting on for the past two years?

You haven't been right about anything the last two years, so this thread being bumped and you being proven wrong will merely reconfirm your poor record of economic predictions.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

I am not saying anything one way or the other, but out of curiosity, what have you been right about exactly?

I don't disagree that the country is heading for some rough times, and I am not sure why people think it is unreasonable to think this. Maybe it was the 100 day mark that got you in trouble.