WDC SATA Harddrive

Seekermeister

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2006
I think that I already know that the harddrive is defective, but I would like to verify that here. I installed a new WDC to replace a Maxtor SATA that is having SMART problems in my raid 1array. But regardless of which Maxtor that I paired it with, it would cause the array to simply disappear, with no option to rebuild or ability to boot. Right now, I'm back to my original Maxtor pair. I never touched the raid array options, or the SATArom in the bios. The cables were properly connected, and since SATAs don't use jumpers, I never bothered with that either. Am I correct that the drive is bad, or is there something else that I should check or do?

Seekermeister

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks, but since I can't bootup with it installed, I couldn't run any diagnostics, unless there is one that I could boot up to with the floppy or CD/DVD drives.

Seekermeister

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks. I should have looked there first, but things have had my head spinning too much to think clearly.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Seekermeister
Thanks. I should have looked there first, but things have had my head spinning too much to think clearly.

Seems you need to run diagnostics on your noggin too ;)

Seekermeister

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Auric
Originally posted by: Seekermeister

Seems you need to run diagnostics on your noggin too ;)

It seems that you are lost, this is not the P&N, so leave your flamebaits there.