WD MyCloud 2TB/6TB (Gigabit NAS) MFG REFURB $64.99/$169.99 from WD on ebay (Extra 20% off 3+ Items)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Here's a 2TB unit for $64.99, REFURB.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-My-Clou...onal-Cloud-Storage-Hard-Drive-by/292469555768

They also have the 2TB WD MyCloud Home (newer version, I think), and a 3TB version of same, but not nearly at as good a discount.

I know that I've been kind of going into overdrive posting WD on ebay deals, but they have just started offering many of their factory refurb drives direct from WD on ebay, and so far, there are some bargains to be had. I haven't posted nearly all of their deals. I'm going to try to keep all of the "Cloud" units in one thread, however.

I know that this is only a 2TB drive, and not mirrored (only one drive), so it is of limited utility to anybody that wants an advanced NAS units, with lots of storage.

But think of it as "My First NAS", for those of you out there that have never purchased or used a NAS unit before, here's your chance to get in on the excitement, for a relatively inexpensive price. (under $100, including 2TB of storage!)

I think that I get their strategy now, WD is "trickling out" their smaller My Passport, MyBook, and MyCloud units, slowly, until they sell off their stock of refurb'ed smaller/older units, and then they'll start to sell their larger drive sizes.

I noticed that they finally put out their 6TB WD MyBook (desktop) refurb units too. ($109.99 for 6TB, Save $10 for every $50, so should get $20 off, so $89.99 for 6TB desktop external. I've seen 6TB 3.5" internal bare HDD for around $100 though, so not such a great bargain on that one. Especially considering that after all discounts, they were offering a 4TB desktop external for $53 or so.)

Edit: Btw, I'm not shilling or getting paid by WD for posting these up. I'm just a happy end-user, and grateful for some WD HDD bargains. I've been buying up most of these deals as I post them, too.

Edit: They must really want these smaller NAS units GONE. They've added a 20% off 3+ Items discount tagged onto this item. My understanding (and some test check-out carts), seem to indicate that you can "Add to Cart" on ebay, on this item, and then add a couple (or more) items, that all have that "Save 20% off 3+ Items" discount tag, and you'll get 20% off of all of those tagged items, mix and match.

(There are some 1TB WD Elements Portable External MFG REFURB, for $28.99 from WD, add two of those if you like, or maybe just order 3x of these 2TB MyCloud NAS units.)

Edit: They also have the 6TB MyCloud units, with the same discount tag.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-My-Clou...onal-Cloud-Storage-Hard-Drive-by/292517684526

Those might be a preferable purchase, although they are a bit more expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrArcane

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
I for one appreciate your posts, these are very tempting and we can always use more storage...