Way to go, Baraboo, Wisconsin

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
https://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonew...cle_3224ea4a-7423-5fc1-b2ca-20159f7129e5.html

I know kids have trouble understanding long term consequences of their action but this is unacceptable. At least there is one kid in there who clearly wasn't having it. He sent a DM to the guy on twitter who unearthed this (I think at least), saying that he was uncomfortable but there was not enough time to leave the photo. There is also at least one white power symbol in there....

https://twitter.com/jules_su?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1061863141720637440&ref_url=https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/baraboo-high-school-seig-heil-photo-goes-viral-officials-condemn/article_8ed5dc1c-57c0-5063-ac1a-8b95327cd963.html

Man, we've got to be better than this.

Edit: fixed a typo and missed word that made it seem like the kid was comfortable with it.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If you've ever been to Baraboo, WI (I suggest you don't) you'd understand this isn't too shocking. Screw these kids. I hope they are stuck working in the Circus Museum there for the rest of their lives.
I wanna know who took the picture...

Reactions: Pohemi

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
If you've ever been to Baraboo, WI (I suggest you don't) you'd understand this isn't too shocking. Screw these kids. I hope they are stuck working in the Circus Museum there for the rest of their lives.

I don't know who took it, but Jordan Blue, the kid who doesn't look enthused to be there, says the photographer was the one who told them to throw up the salute.

The photo appears to have originated on photographer Pete Gust’s website, Wheel Memories. The page that hosted the photo on the site has since been replaced with a message claiming “malevolent behavior” by “those in society who can and do take the time to be jerks” caused the site to remove the photos.

“The internet can be a wonderful tool but for some there is an overwhelming urge to destroy,” the web page says. “The destruction may not be physical but instead it can be bullying that is intellectual or emotional. To anyone that was hurt I sincerely apologize.”

Seems like it was this guy though.

maybe it was just a dab gone wrong?
Not sure if serious.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Is that a Nazi school? Parents send them there to avoid darkies? These children are not learning this behavior on their own.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
There's a pretty decent Mexican restaurant in Baraboo. I was just there last week.

Reactions: Homerboy

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Is that a Nazi school? Parents send them there to avoid darkies? These children are not learning this behavior on their own.

It's a small town Wisconsin high school. They are generally horrible places... I went to one. Got out of that town asap, didn't even wait to turn 18.

Reactions: Pohemi

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
You would think more than one out of thirty American kids would have a problem with doing a nazi salute especially on camera but remember these are the children of deplorables.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I'm not surprised by this, sadly. Wisconsin has plenty of racism and bigotry to go around. What caught my attention was that it was the photographer antagonizing/directing them to do it.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

There's a pretty decent Mexican restaurant in Baraboo. I was just there last week.

I've been there a number of times, and I personally was very surprised. There's a *lot* of places I would expect this before a place like Baraboo. Milwaukee comes to mind.

I genuinely don't believe the photo we're seeing here is representative of any meaningful portion of the population. I see this as the same edgelord shit that keeps 4Chan and AT's own Off Topic forums going.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
white people became the top race via paranoia and violence in the past. This trait of the white race will probably raise up again.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Look at the guy top row, far right. Not doing it, not laughing. Nice to see at least one of them is normal. Guy up front clearly making the OK sign. Classy guys.

These alt-right Nazi pussies deserve to be haunted by this, that's too old to not know any better. Fuck these guys. My grand uncle left a brother in France, saw action there as well as Belgium and Holland. If you honor the forces of racism and genocide while turning your back on the memory of Americans who stood up to them, I'm sorry but you may deserve to have the stupid slapped out of you. Clearly the much preferable schooling and parenting weren't able to perform the tasks they were meant to.

Edit: should have finished the article, good to see that kid get singled out for praise there. Having a moment similar to his is why I ended up not rushing Kappa Alpha in college.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'm guessing this is probably less reflective of Baraboo or Wisconsin and more reflective of bored Midwestern middle-class high school kids acting out and doing dumb shit. Probably thinking "no big deal" since the whole town looks like them anyway.

Reactions: Thump553 and nOOky

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm guessing this is probably less reflective of Baraboo or Wisconsin and more reflective of bored Midwestern middle-class high school kids acting out and doing dumb shit. Probably thinking "no big deal" since the whole town looks like them anyway.

I'd say the guy up front making the OK sign knows exactly what he's doing, that this wasn't entirely a joke, and I doubt he's the only one. Remember when seniors doing dumbshit was egging houses and hazing younger grades? *sigh*

Now it involves references to Hitler and white nationalism? Great.

Last edited:

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004

I would say you're probably right.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I am sure some colleges are reconsidering admission applications from that particular high school, which kind of sucks for non-racists who go there.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
https://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonew...cle_3224ea4a-7423-5fc1-b2ca-20159f7129e5.html

I know kids have trouble understanding long term consequences of their action but this is unacceptable. At least there is one kid in there who clearly wasn't having it. He sent a DM to the guy on twitter who unearthed this (I think at least), saying that he was uncomfortable but there was not enough time to leave the photo. There is also at least one white power symbol in there....

https://twitter.com/jules_su?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1061863141720637440&ref_url=https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/baraboo-high-school-seig-heil-photo-goes-viral-officials-condemn/article_8ed5dc1c-57c0-5063-ac1a-8b95327cd963.html

Man, we've got to be better than this.

Edit: fixed a typo and missed word that made it seem like the kid was comfortable with it.

Frankly, I'm not surprised one iota. My father was from just outside Milwaukee with family spread amongst many small towns in WI. Visited many times growing up, unfortunately. For all the "we're superior to the south because......" we'd get from them, the racism seen and espoused was sometimes more vitriolic than what I'd hear down here. And yet they're clueless....at least outwardly. Always the "I never knew that" excuse, much like Slow, UG, and the rest pander around here.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Oh, that's right. Despite being talked about in other threads you've even posted in, you're still a complete know-nothing. Keep up the vapid questions, young cuck.

Are you insinuating the circle finger is a legit white supremacy symbol? :D

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Are you insinuating the circle finger is a legit white supremacy symbol? :D

Are you suggesting that symbols retain their original meaning regardless of how they're used? Surely even you are not that retarded.