Wave goodbye to my VW, say hello to... *edit: just got back from the dealer*

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
my new car.

I was at the dealer on Friday night, and he offered me the car at near invoice price. I have some snow tires to throw on it, and combined with the stability and traction control I should be able to stay out of trouble in the winter.

Convince me that this is a bad decision. ;)

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: HajikuFlip
What did you trade in?

2002 VW Golf TDI.

The thing was solid for the most part, but there were a few problems that the dealer (in their infinite wisdom
rolleye.gif
) could not resolve.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Probably, look closely at what you really paid. Odds are you got owned somewhere. Wether it be front end, back end, financing, or whatever, they got you somewhere. If you financed don't be suprised if you find out you could have gotten a loan elsewhere for a 1 or 2% less interest rate.
Anyways nice car, have fun with it.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Freejack2
Probably, look closely at what you really paid. Odds are you got owned somewhere. Wether it be front end, back end, financing, or whatever, they got you somewhere. If you financed don't be suprised if you find out you could have gotten a loan elsewhere for a 1 or 2% less interest rate.
Anyways nice car, have fun with it.

No ownage by the dealer, and the finance rate was a reasonable 5.9%. My bank couldn't do much better, so I decided to just go with the manufacturers financing.

I even managed to avoid the window etching and scotchgard scams they usually try to pull when selling a car cheaper than usual. :D

Originally posted by: N8Magic
Originally posted by: SampSon
Gee, now you can't be a VW zealot anymore.

Nope, I guess not.

I thought this may come as a surprise to some of you. ;)
Naw, now you will just be a mazda zealot. :)

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Mazda > VW. Well any car maker > VW.

Congrats btw :)

Amen to that.

However, I would be more inclined to point the finger at poor dealership service than the car itself. The service at my local VW dealership was pathetic.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Mazda > VW. Well any car maker > VW.

Congrats btw :)

Amen to that.

However, I would be more inclined to point the finger at poor dealership service than the car itself. The service at my local VW dealership was pathetic.

From the nasty things I've heard about VW, it's not just limited to your local dealership. It's a company wide policy to give poor service and be otherwise inept :D

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Isn't 34k CDN MSRP for the RX8??

Wat options did you get? When are you picking it up? When can I get a ride?

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Isn't 34k CDN MSRP for the RX8??

Wat options did you get? When are you picking it up? When can I get a ride?

MSRP for the base GS model is $36,795CDN. No options, although i'm considering switching to the GT model as it includes a number of features that are of interest to me.

I plan on picking it up during the first week of April, as i'm too lazy to put the snow tires on right away. :eek:

And yes, i'll give you a ride. :D