Waterbombed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Didn't look that bad, they were able to stay standing at least. Water dispersed a lot..

I figured something like that would flatten you.

I imagine it would, if it all went straight on your head.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm well aware of the power of water. If that fell straight down onto you, it would certainly kill you. But it appears the forward motion of the plane caused the water to disperse significantly..

Maybe they opened the hatch more slowly than usual?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Here in America, we test the proficiency of air tankers/pilots by placing hundreds of dixie cups on the runway, having the pilots drop, then having a gang of firefighters run out and measure the level of water/retardant in each cup.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'm well aware of the power of water. If that fell straight down onto you, it would certainly kill you. But it appears the forward motion of the plane caused the water to disperse significantly..

Maybe they opened the hatch more slowly than usual?

I wondered that myself, or the tank was not fully filled to begin with.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Here in America, we test the proficiency of air tankers/pilots by placing hundreds of dixie cups on the runway, having the pilots drop, then having a gang of firefighters run out and measure the level of water/retardant in each cup.
How do the cups stand up? Or is the test how well the pilot van mist an area?