Water Cooler: August 4 - August 11

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
haha I hope so but they have just left after I discovered the truth and sent them a letter requesting an appropiate resolution! I haven't heard anything for nearly two months and now it's just a matter of deciding which step to take next!

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
I'm going to the County Fair tonight!

Fun, food, rides and the carneys, food, 4-H exhibits, food, animals, food, people, and did I say food?

I'll post again after I get back, if I can reach the keyboard over my stomach :roll:

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
hmm blank post....oh well <edit>

I always get one of those sausages with peppers and onions at the fair. I just can't pass them up but it usually ends in regret later :disgust:

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000
In the process of mesquite smoking a couple of chickens..... :beer:

I used hickory chunks the last time, and they turned out like This. :)

BofRA

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2002
Well I just got home. I got selected for Chief Petty Officer (E-7). So my days now go from 4:30 am until ???? I have averaged 3-4 hours sleep the last week. Oh well the end is worth the means :p

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
I've been working 60 hour weeks for the last three months yet getting the same salary. My employer is doing more business, with more production and more profit than ever. I'm getting tired.

Hellburner

Senior Member <br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Smoke
I'm losing my ass in the market today ... :(

What's up with you? :)

I'm short the market :), but trying to work outside the past couple days has just about put me down for the count.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I'm going on 12 days straight at work tomorrow.....full inventory, plus getting all new business software up and running *phew* plus it's been 100* or more for about a month straight!

Also trying to get a car I bought on eBay shipped up here.

JC

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: BofBnT
Well I just got home. I got selected for Chief Petty Officer (E-7). So my days now go from 4:30 am until ???? I have averaged 3-4 hours sleep the last week. Oh well the end is worth the means :p

Wow Dawg I dont envy you lol

So what kinda craziness are you being put through?

Oh wait that starts soon ;)

Them Chickens look mighty tasty :p Slurp :p

I miss good ole mesquite cooking, the stuff in the bag isn't the same:(

I miss the fall slaughter and the fresh bacon and sausages, and especially the tenderloin. *SIGH*

I am too civilized now,

No swinging from a rope hung under a bridge and splashing down in the river barefoot.

Hell its been a few years since I have seen a gravel road even.

no hunting no fishing, no fresh squirrel, or deer meat ...

A DAMN root costs 6.99 a bag at the grocery store (potatoes 20 lbs),

It seems the more it costs now the worse it looks too.

Sounds like its time to go camping :p

Mike

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Wolfsraider

Wow Dawg I dont envy you lol

So what kinda craziness are you being put through?

Oh wait that starts soon ;)

Them Chickens look mighty tasty :p Slurp :p

I miss good ole mesquite cooking, the stuff in the bag isn't the same:(

I miss the fall slaughter and the fresh bacon and sausages, and especially the tenderloin. *SIGH*

I am too civilized now,

No swinging from a rope hung under a bridge and splashing down in the river barefoot.

Hell its been a few years since I have seen a gravel road even.

no hunting no fishing, no fresh squirrel, or deer meat ...

A DAMN root costs 6.99 a bag at the grocery store (potatoes 20 lbs),

It seems the more it costs now the worse it looks too.

Sounds like its time to go camping :p

Mike

Dang city boy
:p

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001

Congratulations, Chief!

/me salutes Chief Bryan!

:)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
You are not alone. :)

/unless I'm not on your buddy list/ :p

GimpyOne

Aug 25, 2004
Well lets see, I haven't slept much in the past 2 weeks and it'll be two weeks at least before it happens again.(1-3 hours a night)

I handed my disseration to my committee on monday, defend next thursday, and corrections are due by the 18th. Ahhhhh, the joy of a PhD.

For any who have experienced it...is it me or is this whole process simply the most accepted and expected example of hazing anywhere?

Also, if anyone wants some idea of what I am going through look for the Piled High and Deeper (PhD) comic. It scary how true it really is.

edited for spelling