watch who you date!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
link

Portsmouth ? A Portsmouth Hospital nurse could face up to four years in jail for trying to get her ex-boyfriend committed.

Portsmouth police Capt. Janet Champlin said Julia Lynch, 30, of Rollinsford, was arrested Wednesday on charges she swore out a false complaint to involuntarily admit her ex-boyfriend for psychological treatment because he was a danger to himself and society.

"The man was brought in but it was determined very quickly he was not" having any psychological issues that would have warranted an IEA (involuntary emergency admission), Champlin said.

"We are alleging that Ms. Lynch used her position (as a registered nurse) to try and get her ex-boyfriend committed," Champlin said.

It was the second time in six months Lynch had filed paperwork to get a former boyfriend committed. In both cases, she obtained the paperwork through the Portsmouth Hospital, where she worked as an emergency room nurse.

In the most recent case, the man was picked up at work on Oct. 5, by Portsmouth police officers who served the paperwork. But he quickly told officers that it was probably Lynch who set him up, Champlin said. The man was held for about an hour and had to go through some psychological tests before it was determined he was not about to hurt himself or others.

Champlin said the man believes Lynch was out for revenge; the two had dated briefly.

Lynch is also facing charges of stalking for allegedly text messaging the man after he told her not to have any contact with him, false swearing, attempted false imprisonment and tampering with a public or private record. All of the charges are misdemeanors and carry up to a year in jail and $2,000 in fines.

In April, Dover police received paperwork from Lynch alleging that a different ex-boyfriend was in desperate need of psychological help. This came on the heels of a domestic assault complaint she had filed against the man.

Dover police Capt. Brian Estee told The New Hampshire Union Leader yesterday that officers who investigated the domestic assault were unable to find probable cause to arrest the man. Lynch did get an emergency restraining order against the man, but failed to show up in court to finalize the process, Estee said.

Lynch also swore out a complaint known as a Complaint Prayer for Compulsory Medical Examination against the man, but Dover police did not serve it. Estee said investigating officers contacted the justice of the peace who signed off on the paperwork and gave him the background on the case.

"Once he heard of the circumstances, he immediately revoked his authority to issue the order and specifically requested that it not be served," Estee said.

Dover did not file any charges against Lynch. But because the complaint was sworn to in Portsmouth, Portsmouth police ultimately have jurisdiction. Estee said his agency will be forwarding all of the information to Portsmouth to see if additional charges are warranted.

Champlin said having Portsmouth officers serve fraudulent IEA paperwork was a first for her agency and the department is taking a closer look at how IEA cases are handled.

Following her arrest, Lynch was released on $5,000 personal recognizance bail. She will be arraigned in Portsmouth District Court Dec. 4.

An official from Portsmouth Hospital would not give out information on Lynch's employment status.

sheesh. wonder how many she has done it to and got away with?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Canai
Haha that's pretty scary...

yeah. she did it twice that the cops know about. wonder how many times she really have done it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Nothing says I miss you and want you back in my life more than involuntary committal papers.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
/Typeing with nose do to overly tight white dinner jacket/
I think I dated her once..........

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer

:laugh:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer

hahahahah

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Damn. Reminds me of the Kurt Russel, Ray Liotta movie where Ray Liotta had Russel committed and imprisoned because he wants Russels wife