Watch the U.S. back down to avoid war with China

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
American corporations are in good company then. The contempt they've shown to the health of American consumers is a topic worthy of it's own thread.

"Ice cream" that doesn't melt has been in American stores for at least the last 8-10 years IIRC. Certain varieties of Breyers also Walmart ice cream sandwiches come to mind.

I read ingredients of everything I eat if at all possible and if I see one I don't recognize/can't identify I find out what it is before I eat it. (and no I would not eat that ice-cream bar)

The bad news is that just like everything else in 'murica these days the food companies care ONLY about making money, and if they can save 1/100th of a cent per serving by adding things that might make you sick later that's A-okay with them.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
LOL LOL LOL

You must have thought I was thinking about you.

I wasn't. But I was thinking "hmmm" when I read the news of the second visit.

And I said this before on this thread, but I guess all the hollering hollers missed it as they were hollering. I was wrong.

Are we going to war? Who knows?

I wanna see Trump detained first. Then eat a last slice of pepperoni pizza, sit back and watch the world end.

Oh and get Moonbeam's number to wish him and his Mom all the best.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
LoL forever the me too kid, a bunch of Canadian politicians are planning a visit to Taiwan in Oct.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The key difference between the most recent Congressional visit to Taiwan and Pelosi's was the distinct LACK of $hit-talking by both sides.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The key difference between the most recent Congressional visit to Taiwan and Pelosi's was the distinct LACK of $hit-talking by both sides.

You mean the distinct lack of US Media interest..

China still beat the drums and sent up jets, but they didn't cross the middle of the Taiwan Straight...

Reactions: hal2kilo

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
you are the only one that believed otherwise...

Again with the assumptions.... one of my primary concerns involved slow buildup of tensions leading to conflict when China is ready and all this is, is more of the same nonsense rationalized with "that's the way we've always done it".

If we don't end up in some kind of war over Taiwan in the next 2-3 years THEN you can start telling me I was dead-wrong on overall policy.

As for Pelosi's visit directly sparking a conflict in the region, not only was I wrong but I'm extremely happy that I was!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Again with the assumptions.... one of my primary concerns involved slow buildup of tensions leading to conflict when China is ready and all this is, is more of the same nonsense rationalized with "that's the way we've always done it".

If we don't end up in some kind of war over Taiwan in the next 2-3 years THEN you can start telling me I was dead-wrong on overall policy.

As for Pelosi's visit directly sparking a conflict in the region, not only was I wrong but I'm extremely happy that I was!

got it, your prediction covers the next hundred years... :rolleyes:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I was wrong, too. But for assuming the U.S. would soft pedal the Pelosi visit to avoid hostilities.

But I believe war between the U.S. and China is coming. And China will make a move against Taiwan possibly within three years.

China might elect to take further revenge for Pelosi's visit by not only launching jets and shooting off missiles to go along with its endless rants - but by also aiding Russia in its war against Ukraine.

No evidence has surfaced of the latter yet. But China plans to conduct war games with Russia, along with other nations.

We know Russia needs drones. Maybe Chinese drones could find their way aboard Russian trucks during troop maneuvers beginning Aug. 30. Hope not.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
LoL even Chinese consulate personnel in US have thin skin. Flipping the bird at protesters and trying to out noise the protesters. Real classy.

I think the original video is from AFR on twitter but I couldn't find it since @AFR is not it.

Last edited:
  • Haha

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
LoL even Chinese consulate personnel in US have thin skin. Flipping the bird at protesters and trying to out noise the protesters. Real classy.

I think the original video is from AFR on twitter but I couldn't find it since @AFR is not it.