Wasted 2.5 hours interviewing only to be lowballed :(

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I spent 45 minutes driving to downtown L.A., 2-1/2 hours interviewing, $12 in parking, and an hour driving home in 405 gridlock. At the end the engineering director asked what my salary requirements were. I said I would prefer that he tell me what range they were looking at. He said $75k. I said I was thinking $110k. They said they could maybe get it to 80ish. Blah. Work 50% more hours than I do now, for less money, and have to deal with freeway traffic everyday. Guess I'll keep my current job for now.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
What do you do now?

Keep my current job until something better comes along. I like my job but I was hoping for a lot more from this new company. At least I work with super hot, super smart women :evil: Sadly many of them are super married :(

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: PipBoy
What do you do now?

Keep my current job until something better comes along. I like my job but I was hoping for a lot more from this new company. At least I work with super hot, super smart women :evil: Sadly many of them are super married :(

he meant...what are you doing to rake in 75k+ at this point? what job , profession, means of making a living, etc.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: gogeeta13
What do you do now?

he meant...what are you doing to rake in 75k+ at this point? what job , profession, means of making a living, etc.

oh sorry. this hot chocolate must be going to my head. I'm a toy engineer.

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
What do you do now?

like cool electric toys, or like barbies?

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: shady06
80ish aint bad though...

not at all, especially for a single guy like me. but I can't see working an additional 20+ hours per week to get it tho.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
What do you do now?

the latter, which can sometimes include the former ;)

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
What do you do now?

the latter, which can sometimes include the former ;)

I sincerely hope that you mean the other way around.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If you have the education/experience to back up what you do, you should indeed stick to your guns. Don't sell your worth short.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
You get to play with toys all day and you're bitching about how they don't pay you enough when you'd make 75-80k a year?

gimme a break.

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BlipBlop
be a lawyer. In manhattan the start out of school at $125k/yr + bonus.

that comment is really relevant to this post

KahunaHube

Aug 16, 2001
id love to work for lego

i wonder if they hvae any hot chicks there...

how is the toy industry btw? :)