Washington Post feature on returning wounded Soldiers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Compare :

You have done nothing but highlight the injury and death of our soldiers for your own personal justifications. You dwell on and seek out the negative ..........

To:

Soldiers die in war, soldiers get injured in war, war is hell. But instead of blaming me, people who support the war , and G.W.Bush - maybe you should take a look at who could have prevented this war. I'll give you a hint: His boys were killed today.

Hehe, you are so incredibly blind. But what exactly would I be trying to justify?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Compare :

You have done nothing but highlight the injury and death of our soldiers for your own personal justifications. You dwell on and seek out the negative ..........

To:

Soldiers die in war, soldiers get injured in war, war is hell. But instead of blaming me, people who support the war , and G.W.Bush - maybe you should take a look at who could have prevented this war. I'll give you a hint: His boys were killed today.

Hehe, you are so incredibly blind. But what exactly would I be trying to justify?

Hehehehe - maybe your position on the war? and that it is all Bush's fault? Respectively. Who needs to open their eyes now? ;)

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Compare :

To:

Hehehehe - maybe your position on the war? and that it is all Bush's fault? Respectively. Who needs to open their eyes now? ;)

CkG

It was all Bush. He made the choice, he pressed for it. The buck stopped at his desk. Saying someone made him do it is like saying someones dog made it's owner a mass murderer. Just thought I would clarify things :p

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My eyes were open on what you would imply, it's just that I had no need to justify it. I wasn't guilty of anything except a failure to convince people like you.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
My eyes were open on what you would imply, it's just that I had no need to justify it. I wasn't guilty of anything except a failure to convince people like you.

So you ARE using injuries and deaths to convince people the war was "unjust". Just as I thought.

Disgusting:disgust:

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

So you ARE using injuries and deaths to convince people the war was "unjust". Just as I thought.

CkG

That's one perspective. Another is that some are trying to validate an unjust war even in the face of injury and death.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

You're getting people injured and dead in an unjust war....infinitely more disgusting :disgust:

Dec 27, 2001
LR, always easier to hunt the beam in the moons eye than the log in ones own.

Dude, the irony factor on that one threatens to tear a hold in the space time continuum.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

CkG
Why is it disgusting to ask Bush where that man's legs are?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Dude, the irony factor on that one threatens to tear a hold in the space time continuum.
Nah, that's just your log.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

CkG

So you ARE getting people injured and dead in an unjust war. Just as I thought.

flav

alm4rr

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
hey, did any of you read the article, or did your discussions just happen to spill over into my thread? :D

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
flavio

Are you saying that Saddam was not a threat in any way to the peace and secuity of the Middle East?

If so, do you think that the UN sanctions should have been lifted immediately and without any qualifications?

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

CkG

That's one perspective. Another is that some are trying to validate an unjust war even in the face of injury and death.

Well kudos to them. Too bad we already are at war. All that remains is to support as best we can, the brave men and women serving their country on the battlefield...just or not. Convincing anybody that it was unjust is pointless until the next time there is a press for military action. This is all beng done out of spite and you know it and it IS digusting and shameful to politicize the sacrifice of our servicemen.

Dec 27, 2001

There is no log bigger than the one you believe doesn't exist.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

Well kudos to them. Too bad we already are at war. All that remains is to support as best we can, the brave men and women serving their country on the battlefield...just or not. Convincing anybody that it was unjust is pointless until the next time there is a press for military action. This is all beng done out of spite and you know it and it IS digusting and shameful to politicize the sacrifice of our servicemen.

No, what remains is to make those responsible for decieving the public and sending men to their death held accountable for their actions to the fullest extent of the law. We don't wait until criminals strike again to prosecute them.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: etech
flavio

Are you saying that Saddam was not a threat in any way to the peace and secuity of the Middle East?

If so, do you think that the UN sanctions should have been lifted immediately and without any qualifications?

Was he attacking any other countries when we went in? ...and I'm not sure that the sanctions where hurting anyone but the Iraqi people.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

CkG

Yes it is too bad we already are at war, and if you please, point out where I ever did not support the soldier on OT. I am supporting them now, wanting to make sure their lives are not wasted again, like they are being in Iraq, as they were in VN. I would also suggest that if my dead friend's ghosts could come back from the grave, they would gladly let pictures of their guts splash the front pages if it would save the lives of other soldiers. What I have seen is that this war resembles a sports game. I have heard that kind of metaphor. Score one for us, bring it on. Well it isn't a friggin game. It isn't the "home team". It is about killing and dying. That may be a soldiers lot, but if sacrifice is made, it had damn well better be for more cause than I have seen, or has been shown.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I can use a toilet, you need an open pit.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: flavio

CkG

No, what remains is to make those responsible for decieving the public and sending men to their death held accountable for their actions to the fullest extent of the law. We don't wait until criminals strike again to prosecute them.

I don't see anybody trying to make them responsible. I don't see anybody offering any kind of evidence of any wrong doing. All I see is a bunch of crazed conjecture. You think you're making Bush responsible by pointing to dead US soldiers and screaming about how they wasted their life?

Dec 27, 2001

I can use a toilet, you need an open pit.

I can chew gum, you need a freighter?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Is it not possible to support our troops and at the same time think that the reasons that were given for them being there are questionable?

Dec 27, 2001

CkG

I would also suggest that if my dead friend's ghosts could come back from the grave, they would gladly let pictures of their guts splash the front pages if it would save the lives of other soldiers.

I'm sure every soldier in the Revolutionary War or Civil War or World War II or the Gulf War would do the same. Well, maybe just on election year.