Washington Post Dumps Fred Thompson as first tier and adds Ron Paul to the pack

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Washington Post Dumps Fred Thompson as first tier and adds Ron Paul

As always, remember the No. 1 ranked candidate is the one who is most likely to wind up as that party's nominee.

To the Line!
1. Rudy Giuliani:
2. (tie) Mitt Romney
2. (tie) Mike Huckabee:
4. John McCain:
5. Ron Paul:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com...ment_buildin.html#more

The Washington Post is essentially saying that Fred Thompson is done for unless he pulls a rabbit out of a hat.

-------------------------------------------
You previously created a Ron Paul thread in whidch you stated that it would be used to consolidate all your information

PLEASE USE IT

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I don't see why Rudy Giuliani is doing so well. I honestly could see him doing a worse job than Bush. And that's pretty fucking sad.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
:roll: It's one guy's blog on the post - not the paper itself. Also, he lists HIS top five picks so I don't see how that means they are first tier.

Me thinks you are grasping at anything to claim RP has a chance.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
:roll: It's one guy's blog on the post - not the paper itself. Also, he lists HIS top five picks so I don't see how that means they are first tier.

It's Chris Cillizza. :D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Perry404

Exactly - one guy's opinion. Should I link to my blog with my top 5 from both sides? :D

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

Exactly - one guy's opinion. Should I link to my blog with my top 5 from both sides? :D

If you're syndicated across the nation in a dozen major newspapers sure.:D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

It still doesn't mean what you are claiming it does. It's one guy's opinion. Like I said - you are grasping at whatever you can to pump up RP. We get it already - you like RP and post anything and everything about him. It's these types of stretched spams that turn people off to your candidate.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

It still doesn't mean what you are claiming it does. It's one guy's opinion. Like I said - you are grasping at whatever you can to pump up RP. We get it already - you like RP and post anything and everything about him. It's these types of stretched spams that turn people off to your candidate.

Maybe you're just ticked off because you have a Fred08 link in your sig.

Jump ship, it's going down. Paul could use some more support, we'd be happy to have you.

:D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: bamacre

Maybe you're just ticked off because you have a Fred08 link in your sig.

Jump ship, it's going down. Paul could use some more support, we'd be happy to have you.

:D

I put that in there today to piss harvey off :p (notice where the link goes ;) )

I haven't decided who I'm going to caucus for yet. I'll make that decision when I get there on the 3rd.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

Actually I'm not doing the pumping the Washington Post is so complain to them not me. This is a P&N forum where we discuss news and current events. Yes I enjoy keeping up with what's happening with the election. So sue me. If you want to post about other candidtes go right on ahead and I won't even spam your thread.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Actually I'm not doing the pumping the Washington Post is so complain to them not me. This is a P&N forum where we discuss news and current events. Yes I enjoy keeping up with what's happening with the election. So sue me. If you want to post about other candidtes go right on ahead and I won't even spam your thread.

No, it's the dude's blog doing it and you and your cohorts are spamming the net with it as usual. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't so dishonest about it's weight/meaning. It's just a dude's opinion - not the paper's.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

No, it's the dude's blog doing it and you and your cohorts are spamming the net with it as usual. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't so dishonest about it's weight/meaning. It's just a dude's opinion - not the paper's.

Cadguy you have become completely annoying! This is a damn BB where people discuss what they like to discuss. There are thousands of boards all across the web and tens or hundreds of thousands of threads here many with subject titles that are repeated hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times. Stop crying about what people post. It's freaking immature. I've been around anandtech for years and long before I ever knew who Ron Paul was. I am not spamming and regardless of how many times you attempt to pound it into peoples consciousness that it is spamming it still won't be spamming. Why don't you go to the overclocking forum and piss & moan about the hundreds of threads where people REPEATEDLY post about overclocking the damn e6300. THOSE DAMN SPAMMERS! Go getum boy! Sickem!

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Cadguy you have become completely annoying! This is a damn BB where people discuss what they like to discuss. There are thousands of boards all across the web and tens or hundreds of thousands of threads here many with subject titles that are repeated hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times. Stop crying about what people post. It's freaking immature. I've been around anandtech for years and long before I ever knew who Ron Paul was. I am not spamming and regardless of how many times you attempt to pound it into peoples consciousness that it is spamming it still won't be spamming. Why don't you go to the overclocking forum and piss & moan about the hundreds of threads where people REPEATEDLY post about overclocking the damn e6300. THOSE DAMN SPAMMERS! Go getum boy! Sickem!

You may be right - but your sig turns me off to Ron Paul....

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Washington Post Dumps Fred Thompson as first tier and adds Ron Paul

As always, remember the No. 1 ranked candidate is the one who is most likely to wind up as that party's nominee.

To the Line!
1. Rudy Giuliani:
2. (tie) Mitt Romney
2. (tie) Mike Huckabee:
4. John McCain:
5. Ron Paul:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com...ment_buildin.html#more

The Washington Post is essentially saying that Fred Thompson is done for unless he pulls a rabbit out of a hat.

Barf on the first 4 in that list.

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
McCain really doesn't deserve to be on the list. He's broke, and he's a broken record.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The Press and the media have a pretty poor record of picking the front runner given the influence they have. Two years ago, judging by appearances on talking head shows, one would be lead to believe that McCain and Lieberman had it all wrapped up. Things look a little different now. And given that the top issues of economy and the Iraq war are in a volatile state of flux, being on the wrong side of how events play out, may totally wreck quite a few candidates as we enter the political primary process and some end up painting them selves into a corner.

In our political system, its the people and not the press that decides.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The Press and the media have a pretty poor record of picking the front runner given the influence they have. Two years ago, judging by appearances on talking head shows, one would be lead to believe that McCain and Lieberman had it all wrapped up. Things look a little different now. And given that the top issues of economy and the Iraq war are in a volatile state of flux, being on the wrong side of how events play out, may totally wreck quite a few candidates as we enter the political primary process and some end up painting them selves into a corner.

In our political system, its the people and not the press that decides.

You say that like it's a good thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think the voice of the people should be heard...but the decision making process that goes into how the MEDIA decides is much more intelligent than the process "the people" go through to pick a candidate.

Media analysts with years of experience and training look at polls and the issues and a candidate's track record and hundreds of speeches and come up with a reasonably accurate idea of which candidate best fits with what the voters want. The PEOPLE, on the other hand, don't really know where anybody stands on anything, so they then pick based off of stupid shit like vicious campaign commercials and lame-ass political slogans. If the people paid as much attention to politics as the media does, no doubt that the media predictions would be more accurate. The problem is that uninformed people are unpredictable, since all it takes is a poorly worded sentence in a 30 minute speech or innuendo about race or sex is all it takes in our political system.

The media might not decide, but the people don't really decide either. "Decide" implies considered analysis, when it's really more like voting on a poll of whether Jessica Alba or Jessica Simpson is the hottest Jessica. From a position standpoint, both McCain and Lieberman are good candidates. Both share the interests and positions of their base, but both also have enough moderation that they don't completely turn off folks on the other side. But neither of them is quite as "marketable" as some of the other candidates, so we'll never see those two have a shot at being President.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001

So.. his supporters, attempting to enthusiastically support and actually talk about their candidate, turn people off to Ron Paul? Seriously?

Because the mainstream media isn't doing it's fucking job, WE THE PEOPLE have to spread the word about him. Otherwise we get stuck with another KerryBush where the ultimate choice does not even matter.

Face it, the 'accepted' candidates are hand-picked. Any anti-establishment candidates.. In this case, Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Mike Gravel are ridiculed and ignored by the media.

If you decide against a candidate because his supporters are doing everything they possibly can to get the good word out, you might as well pick whoever is the prettiest.

Calling it SPAM assumes that a select few are sending out mass amounts of messages... But it's not true.. most of us just feel compelled to talk about him. Am I spamming right now? I mean.. this is a hand-typed message that will never be used again.. Wanna call it spam too?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

What is annoying is you spamming the forum with RP threads. It thought they were under control for a while but now you've stooped to the level of dave by posting dishonest threads. It wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that there isn't a day that goes by without atleast one new RP thread. This is P&N - not RP central. Yes, I understand you get the emails and you read the insider blogs - but it doesn't mean you have to post their spin here every damn day.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: brxndxn

So.. his supporters, attempting to enthusiastically support and actually talk about their candidate, turn people off to Ron Paul? Seriously?

Because the mainstream media isn't doing it's fucking job, WE THE PEOPLE have to spread the word about him. Otherwise we get stuck with another KerryBush where the ultimate choice does not even matter.

Face it, the 'accepted' candidates are hand-picked. Any anti-establishment candidates.. In this case, Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Mike Gravel are ridiculed and ignored by the media.

If you decide against a candidate because his supporters are doing everything they possibly can to get the good word out, you might as well pick whoever is the prettiest.

Calling it SPAM assumes that a select few are sending out mass amounts of messages... But it's not true.. most of us just feel compelled to talk about him. Am I spamming right now? I mean.. this is a hand-typed message that will never be used again.. Wanna call it spam too?

Very well said.:)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: brxndxn

This is why - "Because the mainstream media isn't doing it's fucking job, WE THE PEOPLE have to spread the word about him." :tinfoil;

Yes, the world is out to get RP. :roll: Nevermind the fact that he's gotten much more press relative to his polling position than others. He's NOT being hidden by the press - they are covering him just as much as the others - relative to their polling(you know - the scientific ones).

Oh, and yes, supporters WILL and DO turn people off to their candidate. It's unfortunate for sure but that's what I'm trying to tell you nuts. Settle down a tad - you're driving potential supporters away with your conspiratorial BS and constant spin spamming.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Rainsford make a good point with---In our political system, its the people and not the press that decides.

You say that like it's a good thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think the voice of the people should be heard...but the decision making process that goes into how the MEDIA decides is much more intelligent than the process "the people" go through to pick a candidate.

I do point I that I don't necessarily think its a good or a bad things, its just a fact of life to be noted. And judging by some of the thoughts of media personalities calling the shots for the press views, I might point out the intelligence they show is somewhat highly debatable. I may not be the smartest box of rocks in the room, but these pundits always seem to miss the obvious ways to test reality.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
For those of us who are not RP supporters, having a new RP is KING thread 6 times per day is spamming. Maybe the Mods need to consolidate ALL the RP threads into one single thread and stop the repeated RP threads.
Youse guys like your candidate...good for you.
The rest of us seem to see him as another Ross Perot...someone who sounds like he has some good ideas, but isn't electable...and serves only as a spoiler...to siphon votes away from other candidates.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: BoomerD
For those of us who are not RP supporters, having a new RP is KING thread 6 times per day is spamming. Maybe the Mods need to consolidate ALL the RP threads into one single thread and stop the repeated RP threads.
Youse guys like your candidate...good for you.
The rest of us seem to see him as another Ross Perot...someone who sounds like he has some good ideas, but isn't electable...and serves only as a spoiler...to siphon votes away from other candidates.

Hell, even for us guys that *do* support RP, this is getting ridiculous.