Was rear ended today. :(

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
this sux. now i have to waste all this time to get my car back to where it was, the fact that the other drivers insurance covers it is only a small consolation.

WTF didn't she just stop in time.

i was driving down a country road minding my own business, a car ahead of me was stopped to make a left, so i stopped to then all of a sudden BANG. i was rear ended.

:(

G d this sux.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Spikesoldier
what kind of car and what did you have done to it

i was driving my Olds Intrigue, she was in an Honda CRV. :(

her grill / radiator cover was mangle because for some reason it was BELOW her bumper.

my car, the only visible damage is 2 2" to 3" tears in the plastic covering the bumper.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Waste time? Huh? They will pay for it and get you a rental car.. so what's the problem?

i am on location at clients literally 10 hours a day last 3 months. i get paid pretty well per hour, i'm going to have to take 2 or 3 hours of my billable hours to get this resolved.

sure, if i were a college student with no where to be it wouldn't be a big deal, but this will cost me.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
that's what you get for cutting the ambulance chaser off.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=1276923

rolleye.gif

two completely unrelated events.

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Waste time? Huh? They will pay for it and get you a rental car.. so what's the problem?

i am on location at clients literally 10 hours a day last 3 months. i get paid pretty well per hour, i'm going to have to take 2 or 3 hours of my billable hours to get this resolved.

sure, if i were a college student with no where to be it wouldn't be a big deal, but this will cost me.

What does that have anything to do with it. Go after work, drop off the car, get the rental. few days later drop off the rental, get the car. No work time involved.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
Originally posted by: Vic
Sorry to hear about that, Plat... but if it's any consolation, be glad you aren't this guy.

:Q

WTF? how did he even survive?!!?!
My GOODNESS how did he get away almost scott free?!

My dad rolled and totaled his maxima some years back with my mother in the car and he got off with a couple of head stiches and that was it.