Warren Buffett Says He Has Increased Bet Against U.S. Dollar (Update3)

Sep 29, 2004
Several month old:
Buffett Says He Has Increased Bet Against U.S. Dollar (Update3)

If you don't knoww who he his, never comment on the US economy again.

Buffett said he has become an economic adviser to Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. He said President George W. Bush's tax cuts are ``tilted toward the rich.

``I've got way more money in my pocket because of the tax change and I don't think it's a good idea,'' he said.

Still a Bush supporter? Our country will end up a 3rd world nation under Bush with 4 more years of that idiot.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
hhhuuurrraaaah for a weaker dollar

cheap computer parts for the chease eating surrender monkeys

:beer:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004

Still a Bush supporter? Our country will end up a 3rd world nation under Bush with 4 more years of that idiot.

What's wrong with being a 3rd World Nation??? You have a select Rich few enjoying the slavery of those under them to cater to their every whim.

Sounds like Utopia to me.

Neocon plan going well as scheduled.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I can't wait to see how the neocons attempt to discredit Buffett. When it was academics, they didn't know the real world. With Soros, he's apparently a communist. Let's have it neocons... What pathetic excuse do you have this time?

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
Buffet has always been a hardcore Democrat supporter even before Bush came into office. Nothing suprising about what he says.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: lordtyranus
Buffet has always been a hardcore Democrat supporter even before Bush came into office. Nothing suprising about what he says.

:roll:

Never mind that is knows a whole lot about business and is very very successful.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004

What's wrong with being a 3rd World Nation??? You have a select Rich few enjoying the slavery of those under them to cater to their every whim.

Sounds like Utopia to me.

Neocon plan going well as scheduled.

Weeeeeeeeee, Mega Banana Republic chachacha, Mega Banana Republic wohoooo, Mega Banana Repblic....

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Infohawk

:roll:

Never mind that is knows a whole lot about business and is very very successful.

Because he got lucky in the stock market game? There are plenty of billionaires who support the President. What's your point exactly?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

He got lucky in the stock marget game? Please explain.

The point is that a guy who has a strong history of putting his money where his mouth is is betting against a strong dollar. You are doubting him ONLY because he is a Democrat. That's lame.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
You guys do know the economic effect of a weaker dollar right?

What? That exports should rise and that there should be stabilization of the currency afterwards? This doesn't always happen...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

What? That exports should rise and that there should be stabilization of the currency afterwards? This doesn't always happen...
So what does happen then?

[Edit] What I see:

Weak dollar => Foreign goods seem more expensive to us, American goods seem cheaper to foreigners => reduces trade gap

As labor is part of trade, it also makes outsourcing appear less attractive to American companies...Or did I not get the memo that reducing the trade deficit and reducing outsourcing are now bad things? :confused:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Looks like he got into the Insurance game.

Not exactly brain science there ;)

Friends dad owned a smaller insurance company. He sold it and bought a 1.8 million dollar cabin on our lake. Felt like expanding his estate and bought out the cabins to the right and left of them.

If you can get the capital get into the insurance industry. Money is made hand over fist.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Genx87
Looks like he got into the Insurance game.

Not exactly brain science there ;)

Friends dad owned a smaller insurance company. He sold it and bought a 1.8 million dollar cabin on our lake. Felt like expanding his estate and bought out the cabins to the right and left of them.

If you can get the capital get into the insurance industry. Money is made hand over fist.

If it's that easy go to a bank, get a loan, and start making money. Shouldn't be too hard to convince them for one since apparently it's so easy to make money. ;)

Jan 12, 2003

I do; I do; I do...every time one of these liberal clowns post about the 'sky is falling' depreciating dollar, I shut them down...the OP is new, so perhaps he would be better served searching the forums for one of the 'balance of payments' classes I gave not long ago.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
If it's that easy go to a bank, get a loan, and start making money. Shouldn't be too hard to convince them for one since apparently it's so easy to make money

That is why I said "if".

Lucky for Warren his daddy was in congress and he got the opportunity to get an education from Columbia Business school. So he had the hook ups to fund such a venture ;)

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Genx87
If it's that easy go to a bank, get a loan, and start making money. Shouldn't be too hard to convince them for one since apparently it's so easy to make money

That is why I said "if".

Lucky for Warren his daddy was in congress and he got the opportunity to get an education from Columbia Business school. So he had the hook ups to fund such a venture ;)

If a business plan is really as lucrative as you make it sound, you don't need hookups or huge investments, your money will increase exponentially. If you think what Buffet did was obvious start your own investment firm and get people to invest in it and make the big bucks on the market. Put your money where your mouth is like Buffett.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
He had good connections. That is my point. If I had good connections you bet this is what I would be doing.
Funny how when a democrat has good connection he worked hard for them. But if a republican does it he was handed the golden keys.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

LOL

Hes hardworking, smart, a self made man, and knows what hes talking about. Of all people you'd think Republicans would admire a man like Warren Buffet.

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
He got lucky in the stock marget game? Please explain.
Investing in the stock market is an inherently random event. Being a big winner doesn't necessarily make Buffet smarter than everyone else as much as it makes him luckier than everyone else. He himself has said this.

The point is that a guy who has a strong history of putting his money where his mouth is is betting against a strong dollar. You are doubting him ONLY because he is a Democrat. That's lame.
No, I am just pointing out that there are others with money who disagree with him.

Hes hardworking, smart, a self made man, and knows what hes talking about. Of all people you'd think Republicans would admire a man like Warren Buffet.
I do admire him.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Buffett hasn't just invested in the stock market game. He's started businesses and grown them.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002

Warren Buffest serves as Arnold Schwarzenager's Finance Advisor for the State of California.

next thing you'll be saying is that Greenspan is an ardent democrat for serving under Clinton

Sep 29, 2004

That's just great. So, you think he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to the economy? You know, he's supported the dollar in the past when Republicans were in office.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: smashp
Imports Cost More?
Yawp
Buffett hasn't just invested in the stock market game. He's started businesses and grown them.
BTW, did you ever figure out what the more likely scenario would be when you said "This doesn't always happen... "?