Discussion Warning The movie Idiocracy is becoming true!

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I barely remember the movie I swear looking current and recent past events, but this film sure did predicted future events back in 2005/2006. The biggest prime example is Trump managing to get elected POTUS in 2016.:eek: Education standards have gone way down along with people acting far more stupider then back when I was growing up. But this article sums this perfectly:

Can we as a Nation change course before it is too late?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I barely remember the movie I swear looking current and recent past events, but this film sure did predicted future events back in 2005/2006. The biggest prime example is Trump managing to get elected POTUS in 2016.:eek: Education standards have gone way down along with people acting far more stupider then back when I was growing up. But this article sums this perfectly:

Can we as a Nation change course before it is too late?

I’ve said it before when Idiocracy has come up and I’ll say it again.

Idiocracy has a President so well loved he can ride around open air without worrying about being assassinated, has a diverse cabinet, and wants the smartest people to handle to countries most pressing problems.

We should be so lucky.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I mean just today Trump said the fed should lower interest rates so that the US government can refinance its debt as if it were a mortgage or something. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. The president is so stupid that he thinks he should tell the Fed what to do about the bond market when he clearly doesn’t even know what bonds are.

Jesus Christ.

I know Idiocracy predicts otherwise but I would bet I will never again see such an obviously stupid president in my lifetime. There might BE stupider presidents, but they will be aware enough/not mentally ill enough to hide it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I mean just today Trump said the fed should lower interest rates so that the US government can refinance its debt as if it were a mortgage or something. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. The president is so stupid that he thinks he should tell the Fed what to do about the bond market when he clearly doesn’t even know what bonds are.

Jesus Christ.

I know Idiocracy predicts otherwise but I would bet I will never again see such an obviously stupid president in my lifetime. There might BE stupider presidents, but they will be aware enough/not mentally ill enough to hide it.

He said 0 or lower....

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
At this point in time idiocracy becoming reality would be better than what's at the end of the road of our current trajectory.

Reactions: thraashman

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I’ve said it before when Idiocracy has come up and I’ll say it again.

Idiocracy has a President so well loved he can ride around open air without worrying about being assassinated, has a diverse cabinet, and wants the smartest people to handle to countries most pressing problems.

We should be so lucky.
I will have to watch the movie again. I do have to that the movie does have a POTUS that is smart enough to know that he needs people way smarter then him.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Still havent seen it.
In fact, I've missed a lot of movies. I heard that one conservative propaganda film was a real hoot.
And after finding out how completely full of shit Micheal Moore is, I stopped watching his films.
(although Canadian Bacon is friggen hilarious cuz he's passing it off as fiction, not a documentary like his other works.)

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Jesus Christ.

as Saun Connery learned, never say never again.

I'd like to think we'll never anyone like trump again but I wont be holding my breath.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Well I've never heard of it before so I found a trailer and its befitting of our current situation.