WARNING: Kazaa Might Cause Instability!

AGodspeed

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2001
Now that I've got your attention...

Seriously, Kazaa has, for lack of a better word, messed up my computer. I'm getting all sorts of little glitches, including:

1. When I right click, I get this really weird black hole. Yeah, I've never seen this before under WinXP.
2. When I click from one window to the next, they sometimes overlap.
3. Overall I can sense a slowdown in my system.

This very likely is because of Kazaa, since I hadn't loaded a single piece of software or done anything out of the ordinary with my computer for at least a week before I downloaded Kazaa. The day I downloaded Kazaa, I started experiencing all the above problems. My system was just fine under WinXP until Kazaa.

But I've uninstalled it, and so my life will most certainly go on. :)

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Did you remove all of the spyware that's installed with Kazaa (even if you opted out of most of them during the Kazaa installation)? Spyware is known to do sh1t like that. Then again, it could be Kazaa. Try WinMX (with TrippyMX, or try WinMX 3.0 beta).

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
luckily for me, no problems with kazaa yet...**cross fingers**

i used to have problem with the old morpheus though

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
I haven't had any problems...yet.

Took all the spyware out right after I installed it.

Going on 4 days I believe.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
huge problems for me and my friend

when kazaa is running either minimised or open (not just in the tray bar) every explorer function causes explorer or internet explorer to crash. Right click and choose new folder, copy or whatever explorer.exe crashes. In Internet explorere every form action like in this reply box causes iexplorer.exe to crash.

Thankfully I still have audiogalaxy and that neat little non spyware and more powerful client I found here.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Yep, I experience the same thing with W2K.

<< When I click from one window to the next, they sometimes overlap
>>

My system never crash for 1.5 years after W2K installation and before Kazaa.
Sometimes the computer stops responding altogether

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Sometimes Kazaa takes up 100% CPU usage for some reason. My system gets laggy and I have to close it and start it again. It's also a memory hog (20MB+).

pamf

Dec 11, 2000
i have no problems with kazaa (on xp).. i like it better than morpheus simply because it doesnt spawn a thousand popups on me every time i focus it.

as for the 100% cpu thing, i noticed that too.. turn on the 'do not function as a supernode' option .. that worked for me.