Warmouse - 18 buttons!?!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I have a Razer Naga (one pictured above) and it is amazing. It gives you a lot more options for macros (not just in mmos) and works great in everyday computing. Using the thumb buttons takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get them down, it works like a dream. I even use the side buttons to do dialogue in Dragon Age.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
This thing started its life as the OpenOffice Mouse. Part of the reason I'm curious about its usefulness as a gaming peripheral. As others have already mentioned, it seems less than practical. Although, it looks a hell of a lot better in black than the original OpenOffice colors.

fugly:

oomousep3.jpg

Actually that wasn't what I remember... perhaps this was very early 90's (before mouse wheels).

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Actually that wasn't what I remember... perhaps this was very early 90's (before mouse wheels).

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't think you were talking about the OpenOffice mouse, I was just pointing out that the Warmouse started out as a non-gaming mouse originally intended for office apps.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Anyone buy one of these, muchless receive it? Supposedly they started shipping.

I could actually really use 18 buttons, but I don't trust giving them my credit card #.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Why stop there? Why not a mouse with an entire keyboard worth of buttons? And/or a mouse-touchpad, a mouse-on-a-mouse?

Or put an optical sensor on the bottom of your keyboard and shove that around the desk?

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
like it really matters that these gigantic multi-button mice exist. in most games you still will only be able to use mouse buttons 1-5.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
like it really matters that these gigantic multi-button mice exist. in most games you still will only be able to use mouse buttons 1-5.

That's why the mouse comes with software that allows you to map the extra buttons to keyboard keys.

guy93

Aug 2, 2008
Why don't companies focus on making mice with the LEAST response time possible for gaming? Look at the Deathadder and MX518, great mice, and they could be made even better. The 2 two buttons are more than enough. Unless your a WoW player, no need for this. Also, mice with 5000+ dpi? Who would want to use that unless you got a monitor that is HUGE. I personally use 800 dpi regularly, and 450 dpi ingame.

Companies need to make use of today's technology to put into mice for:
-Best tracking possible
-Least response time
-Light mouse body
-Light cord