Warmonger - Anyone download it yet?

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I just really found out about this today, although I've seen the Ageia ads related to it before -- never really paid much attention to it. Is this just a free mini-UT3 game designed to try to drum up support for PhysX?

(I'm in the middle of downloading the CoD4 demo, otherwise, I'd just download Warmonger and find out myself what it is)

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
It's another Ageia demo like Cellfactor. It's supposed to have completely destructable environments. Theres probably no point in downloading if you don't have their PPU.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: I4AT
It's another Ageia demo like Cellfactor. It's supposed to have completely destructable environments. Theres probably no point in downloading if you don't have their PPU.

it's more playable than cellfactor, but that's not saying much

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: I4AT

it's more playable than cellfactor, but that's not saying much

Yep, i tried it out. The gameplay is crap, and it runs horrible. The destructible enviroments is a slight step above crysis, but thats it.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I was worried about it when I saw how heavily they are recommending Ageia.
I think Ageia is in trouble, realizing that people just are not willing to go crazy over an extra cash payout for better physics.