warm - wacom intuos tablets, 4x5 about $135

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
What does it mean? The tablets are not out yet? I am confused, what's the difference?

divide by zero

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2000
The graphics tablets from Wacom are usually used to do freehand drawing/painting on the PC with programs such as Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Painter Classic. Not sure if it might also be useful for 3D Studio Max.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hell it kicks as$ over a freakin' mouse no contest!....4x5 is a bit on the small side but workable. I use an Intous w/ a 6x8 drawing area.

beausam2

Mar 31, 2001
I bought the Wacom graphire2 from Dell a month ago and it is way cool for drawing. The software alone was worth the price. Too bad the pen crapped out and I had to send it back.

This will definately be a good deal for the Intuos.

Thanks for the heads up.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Thats a hot deal on a great piece of hardware. I'm using a graphire 2, and love it.

dimwit

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
divide_by_zero, if you just not really into harcore drawing and just want to get into tablets for fun, try the Pablo Drawing Tablet by KBGear. THey are 6"x8" are available new on Ebay for $20. 256 levels of sensitivity.

Wacom is for graphic artists and serious users, and the Pablo is more a toy, but for $20 you get a bigger area and it will let you know cheaply whether you want to get into tablet drawing.

eliteorange

Jul 23, 2001

<< The graphics tablets from Wacom are usually used to do freehand drawing/painting on the PC with programs such as Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Painter Classic. Not sure if it might also be useful for 3D Studio Max. >>

im not sure if they have support for max or not... but it would be nice to use it draw splines, NURBS and patch surface type of deal...

bradolson

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gottadeal.com
The site is now asking for a code. Anyone have any idea where to get the code? It says "This code is provided by Microsoft and can be found on your Tablet PC Developer beta-site landing page." but I can not find it.

Brad

tmv22

Jun 13, 2001
the intuos2 9x12 tablet is about 414. at this place

i bought the academic intuos se (midnite black) a year ago. theres no difference, only the price. weird... they didnt ask for student ID or anything.

this is definitely not a toy. its used for hardcore webpage designer like myself. and yes, it does work with max. works wit everything... even WOLF!!!! i love this game!! its an expensive toy hihihihi

ericboo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2001
I have an old PenPartner and now a Graphire because I thought I lost the PenPartner. They are definitely better than using a mouse in Photoshop and I like to use it when my wrist starts hurting.

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
PerfectDrug: You need the pressure plugin that is located somewhere on the disc that came with the tablet. Look for a Photoshop directory on the disc. It should have a plugin in there just called pressure. Drop that file in your Photoshop Plugin directory and you should see it start working... At least it was that way with Photoshop 5...

--Christopher

jasonja

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
Wacom always has a software developer discount program. I integrated tablet support into one of my company's products 2 years ago and got one of the huge Intuos tablets for about 60% off the retail price. Also got all the add on tools. I think they even let you get a demo model (used) for less.