Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Crytek's newest experiment is live today: http://www.warface.com/

In order to play Warface you need to sign up for GFace first (couldn't make this up if you wanted to)

I'm giving it a shot, downloading atm and will report back soon

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Ever since Far Cry, Crytek started losing the ability the create a complete game and the trend continues.

Where do I start? First, installation was sneaky, at no point prior, during and afterwards was I given the choice of drive/directory to install in, file size info was "hidden" as well. It's a 3GB download so not a capital offense but still, not cool.

Believe it or not, Crytek has now adopted a "no PC left behind" policy, anything can run the game and it shows. Maxed out at 1440p, the game still looks like a last minute port from xbox360.

Multiplayer: If you think bunny hopping is bad, you should see the abuse of the sliding move. Co op is actually the best thing about the game that is if there are no douches on the team trolling/grieving, since missions cannot be completed if they don't board the chopper and on the "safari hardcore" mission, you simply cannot complete if you don't start and finish with 5 fully cooperating players. Which is an issue even before the intial user base gives up it's already hard rounding up a full game.

If I hadn't played and just watched a youtube video, I would have mistaken it for COD on first look, watching any longer and I would think it's a bad clone worse than COD.

I don't know how this game will attract free, let alone paying gamers. I really think it won't make enough money to sustain the server costs.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I think it looks pretty damn good.

I think they underlying treasure they are seeking is fine tuned net code and testing of how their engine handles mmo style activity.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
33kzv2x.jpg

ruzor6.jpg

2rwq59h.jpg

2zibviq.jpg

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
How do you play as a female character? I can't find it anywhere? I see female characters in game. I tried making new account and I only able to create a male character. Can someone help me? :(

0___________0

May 5, 2012
This is a game designed for Asia, hence you can play it on any hardware; also why the cash shop is a little annoying. It's not supposed to be a graphical showcase. It's been released over there for over a year already, I'm not sure why they brought it here. I don't know if they're over confident about how well they think it will do in the western market, or if they just never expected much, but they must have known from their experience with the Crysis series that you need more than "good" to make a dent in this market.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
The over sexualised female characters was ridiculous. I can't believe they decided to just treat female avatars as sex objects for men to google at. The people asking for female avatars didn't get what they actually wanted.

I am disgusted with Crytek on this issue, they are quite simply sexist pigs and deserve to be blasted for this decision.

PS the game sucks donkey balls.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Figured since Crytek has disappointed me with Crysis 2 that perhaps a free to play genre game from them couldn't disappoint me but boy was i wrong.

Laggy Servers,excessive camping and plenty of spawn deaths and this game and me went from playing to uninstalling in less then a hour!:awe:piss poor hit registration as well mixed with the lag and i am lucky to hit the broad side of a tank with a rpg if my life depended on it.

The hunt for red october errr i mean the install folder was fun as the game sneaks its install into the folder program data,this game is bad enough they make sure its not in uninstall programs and that a idiot can't remove this steaming sack as they go about to hiding it good enough.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
The over sexualised female characters was ridiculous. I can't believe they decided to just treat female avatars as sex objects for men to google at. The people asking for female avatars didn't get what they actually wanted.

I am disgusted with Crytek on this issue, they are quite simply sexist pigs and deserve to be blasted for this decision.

PS the game sucks donkey balls.

Well, that's pretty much every developer now. The idea of ever having even remotely realistic female characters in most video games seems to be a pipe dream at this point.

Developers don't give a f*ck and neither do the majority of gamers either. Just look at the most popular mods for Skyrim. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
From a technological standpoint I am very impressed, it looks fantastic for a browser based game. However, the actual game play sucks. It is super pay to win like Battlefield Heroes, so no thank you.