Wanted: Linksys DSL/Cable Router Deal

Tamdino

Jun 23, 2000
I'm looking for a hot deal on the Linksys 4-port DSL/Cable Router. So far the best I have found is the $20 off coupon at BFL and buying it for $158+ at C4S. For all that I could just go to Outpost.Com and pay that, get it overnight, and not pay shipping.

Does anyone know of any better deals?

--Tamdino--

---

Requests for hot deals should be posted in the Moderator sponsored ~~~~ IWANNA ~~~~ could easily get out of hand thread.

Thank you,
AnandTech Moderator

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
btw-might want to use the search feature and look for the netgear and the d-link, and also check to make sure you want to get the linksys first.

Also before the mods kill you :),you have to post this kind of stuff in the i wanna and i brag threads.

anyway check out buy.com($10 off, maybe free ship) and onvia($20 off coupon and free ship)
i think people like the netgear or d-link because it gives a free hub right now with the 1 port-cable router thing

Tamdino

Jun 23, 2000
Seems to me it would get lost in those threads. How many requests can be made and seen? Oh well... Thanks for the warning. :)

The main reason that I was planning on getting the Linksys was because of the firewall protection it touted. Do that other do this as well, or is it just the fact that the router is between your network and the Internet that gives the protection? (Networking is my weak point.)

Thanks.

--Tamdino--

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
it does :), but helps stop the clutter for hard core members, hehe
that's why no requests are seen, as soon as they wake up, this will be locked

anyway, i know nada about networking, only that some people had problems with the linksys router, i believe anandtech has a review of it and the [edit netopia not netgear, just reread the review]

however here http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=181708 some guy says netgear is better

You should also post in the networking section if you have questions, lots of people have asked about this same setup.[although it seems no one says which is best :)]
i think they all have firewall protection, the linksys has software that's easier to setup, but i think the netgear[edit maybe its netopia now, i'm confused.] software is more powerful,but less user-friendly??

well upon further reading, because i was thinking about one of these in the future, looks like maybe people have problems because they're configuring it wrong, and more people bought the linksys.

i gotta stop posting, might be banned, i'm an aol user too. hehe

http://www.us.buy.com/comp/product.asp?sku=10235958 free shipping plus $10, so depends on if you want to wait for the $10 rebate from BFL, unless you got VA$ then its cheaper at VA of course.
can't post the coupons, so go to http://www.techbargains.com

MysteryMeat

Jul 5, 2000
About $158 is the best you can do. You want to start checking
for reseller coupons to get the price lower. Bought my second
one last week for a friend using buy.com $30 off $150 but that
has expired.

Just wait a week and maybe they will have another promotion.

PS: Love my LinkSys. I did suffer from data corruption and for
two weeks I was pulling out my hair trying to find out why
a few bytes out of every 50Meg was corrupt in FTP. It was
the LinkSys. I flashed it to the latest BETA firmware and
haven't had any problems that I have noticed. (v1.30)