Want to Remove Windows 10 Preview!

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
HI
I want to stop using Windows 10 preview as it too annoying with wanting me to write surveys which I cant opt out of as there required. It would not be so bad but every day MS wants to know how I am feeling on the new build they made.

I tried to do this a few times and there is really no way to get off the preview with reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch and reinstall countless other software that never as good as the setup I have now.

So I need some to know if I can go back to non preview an easier way that stated.

As this is my only Windows 10 PC I currently use I wanted to know if once I install my new setup will MS still be nagging me in which case I might just stay with my current setup? TIA!

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Did you have a legit win 10 install, and you enabled win 10 insider, or, did you start with win 10 insider preview builds?
If you started with the insider preview builds, then, your only choice is to basically, nuke the OS, and install another OS in it's place.
If you did the other thing, uncheck the insider program, and reset back to win 10's official releases.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Its a licensed Windows 10 Pro I am using and I enabled the windows 10 insider shortly after my install when it came out in July.

I just looked I can only stop builds for a few days no way to quit insider program

Last edited:

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
You did,
Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’
Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’
Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.
Then reset windows via the recovery option?

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
You will need to reinstall to get back to production. The only time you could quit without reinstall is when the builds align, like when the AU was released.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
How do I know when builds align and once I install the Pro version I have will I still be nagged by MS?
If so that would make changing to Pro moot and a waste of time.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
How do I know when builds align and once I install the Pro version I have will I still be nagged by MS?
If so that would make changing to Pro moot and a waste of time.

It pretty much only happens when a feature update is released, which is 1-2x per year.