Want speakers and headphones to work simultaneously

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I often have to switch from headphones to speakers, only way i can figure how to do it is to unplug my phones and plug in my speakers to the same place. I want to be able to have them both plugged in and working. Any idear about how i'd go about doing this? I know i used to have it set up where i could hear music out of my speakers and headphones at the same time. Now everytime i want to switch form headphones to speakers i have to unplug my phones. So i must have something set wrong somewhere.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Well i suppose i could use that but i've done it before without that. So i probably don't need it.

FlyingPenguin

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2000
Unles you have teo seperate outputs (one for speakers and one for headphones) you need a "y" splitter cable like Tu13erhead posted above.

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
Are you running 2.1 or 5.1 speakers? With 2.1 speakers it?s possible but counter productive since you?re just using a 5.1 channel to listen to 2 speaker sound. (this is without the "Y" adapter)

Digital sound usually is the output to other audio devices or input from said devices and analog is for speakers or older audio equipment. Digital is higher quality than analog but some people think analog sounds more "real". That?s about the simplest way to explain it.

As I recall, having head phones plugged in and running them the same time as the speakers is also taking away from the sound quality of the overall sound setup. (This is using the "Y" adapter)

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
i don't mind if they don't run at the same time, i just want to be able to use both of them without going back to the mess of wires and unplugging and plugging back in a and unplugging and plugging back in again, so often. It's a pain in the arse. Guess i'll just have to buy one of those things.

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
Buy some speakers where there is an audio jack on the control unit or main speaker unit. I use mine all the time.