Walmart Black Friday 2005 Sale Ad

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Anyone know any more details about the Walmart Price Match on Black Friday?

Especially, vs. other stores After Rebate offers and is the price match good all day?

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
Just bring the competitors ads and make sure the item is the exact same thing. Wal mart says they will have 25-30% of the other stores stuff.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: OBW96
Laptop is listed at almost $500 in my flyer.

I am going for the Lexmark printer/copier thing. Its not for me...its for a gift...so I don't mind if it sucks.

The laptop is different prices in different markets.

However if you can get an ad from a nearby market that has it for 400 they may price match I know that my walamrt will.

there was a thread about this on gottadeal and my wife asked her manager (she works for wally ;)) and he said they would comp it down.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Originally posted by: ITPaladin
$50 for a 15 speed dual suspension bike sounds great.
I wonder what the quality is like.

I'd hope you arent considering buying a bike from WalMart. Go to an actual Bike Shop in your town, spend a little money for your safety and get your money's worth.

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
Have lines started forming yet?

Seriously...last year they stared about 2pm Thanksgiving day.

itakey

Sep 9, 2005
2 cars of people at my local best buy at midnight. None at both walmarts on either side of the town border. I'll be there for 4 :)

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MOCKBA1
Any opinions on 42" plasma TV? It looks good on picture. I am not sure that price is good because it's $997 (not $597 as I expected). I can recognize VIORE as a vendor, who is actual plasma panel vendor?

It was an EDTV, not an HDTV. In other words, it was a JUNK rip-off.

Jason

PCHAngover

Jul 20, 2003
I love my 15 inch polaroid HDTV lcd I got from there at 5 in morning on Black Friday.. well worth the $180!

:)

babuddha

Feb 11, 2004
Originally posted by: MOCKBA1
Any opinions on 42" plasma TV? It looks good on picture. I am not sure that price is good because it's $997 (not $597 as I expected). I can recognize VIORE as a vendor, who is actual plasma panel vendor?

So far, so good. I'm pleased with it.

I have digital cable, but not hi-def. With some of the standard channels, the monitor reveals limitations of the source material. But, the digital channels look good.

I thought I was having a problem with the sound, but decided it was either the source material or a set-up issue. I connected my amp by RCA audio output jacks on display and left the internal speakers on, which resulted in a distinct decrease in sound quality. But, the manual instructs in a note that the internal speakers should be turned off when external amps or speakers are connected. After I disconnected the external amp AND restarted the display, the sound quality returned to normal.

The sound quality is much better than my 15-year old RCA TV with stereo sound. I cranked the display's sound all the way to the top without particularly audible noise, and I use the volume control of the cable box or amp for fine adjustment. Ultimately, I do rely on the amp and external speakers for quality sound, but the Viore provides an adequate audio output with low noise for the amp.

Also, the display unit has a large selection of input and output options.

The price likely reflects the kind of prices we will begin to see more often in February or March of 2006. Again, I'm pleased with the purchase. Now, we'll just see how long it lasts and whether or how much it requires servicing along the way...

Loop2kil

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2004
Ended up getting 1 of the laptops from the walmart sale...The sales paper in my area had it listed at $488 but it rang up $378 at the register....not too bad a system either.
2800 sempron
256 mb
40 gb
cdrw/dvd-rom
wireless
ati x200??
15" screen with 1 stuck pixel...I can live with it.

I got there at 3am and was 3rd in line but still had to make a mad dash to the back to get 1 of them....it was crazy but i would probably do it again if there was something i wanted.