"WAKE UP AMERICA. AND CANADA"

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
People espousing these POVs used to be called chicken-littles.. those days have past and it may be too late to reverse the damage done. IMO --

Dick Lamm, the former Democrat Governor of Colorado spoke recently to a group to which I belong and basically gave this same message. In my opinion, it is worth some serious thought.

Dan Boyd

Changing America

This also applies to Canada

Most Americans will know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal - was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.

"The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to over come two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" -- >From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate."

"Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book Mexifornia. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America - take note of California and other states - to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

WAKE UP AMERICA. AND CANADA
sorry for no link but the article was emailed sans documentation so take it w/ as many grains of salt as you wish.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
All of white America should learn to speak Spanish or they will get left behind! hahaha.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Wow, that's pretty harsh. Though to some extent I agree, in order for a country to be strong it needs to be united, however this guy seems to verge on the extreme.

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Kenazo
Wow, that's pretty harsh. Though to some extent I agree, in order for a country to be strong it needs to be united, however this guy seems to verge on the extreme.
I was sorta thinkin' the same thing at the first read but the more I thought about it (the gist) the more I think he's pretty darn right.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Of course he's right, however is it a possibility? I think forcing assimilation is probably a good way to cause civil war. Sometimes there's more than one way to skin a cat.

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Kenazo
Of course he's right, however is it a possibility? I think forcing assimilation is probably a good way to cause civil war. Sometimes there's more than one way to skin a cat.

"forcing"? I don't think that'd be a good idea either but I do think assimilation, at least to a certain degree, should be expected. Kinda like it was up until 30 or so years ago. -- US citizenship used to something immigrants strived for but these days it's considered more of an optional hassle. I mean why go through the proper channels if it's easier not to and you get the same benefits regardless?

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
This guy will be called an extremist and labeled "racist" and "xenophobe" just like what he was talking about in his own speech. Then when all the problems he talked about are too evident and rampant to brush under the rug any more and pretend they don't exist, and it is too late to do anything about it, then he will be called a visionary. So. . .who will be the first to liken him to Hitler?

*waits patiently. . .*

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
America is starting to sound like the 'borg. Diversity is the key to survival, not homgenization.

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
Originally posted by: judasmachine
America is starting to sound like the 'borg.
uh wha? Have you been paying attention? - the whole point here is that the US has never been more UNhomoginized.
Diversity is the key to survival, not homgenization.
So you don't agree w/ the article? Or maybe you just didn't read it..

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I don't like salad. However, I am a fan of fondue. Can we please go back to melting pot?

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
America has not been so unhomogenized since your kind arrived, and whitewashed the place. My people survived for thousands of years by our diversity. The Sioux was just a blanket organization used for discussion of threats and new ideas, when not in councel every group was their own nation. The Ogala, The Lakota, the Nakota, the Cheyenne, etc.

I was sent to your schools, where I was told to be a good white kid, despite the color of my skin. Sounds like homogenization to me.

What does the billboard say?
Come and play, Come and play,
forget about the movement...

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: judasmachine
America has not been so unhomogenized since your kind arrived, and whitewashed the place. My people survived for thousands of years by our diversity. The Sioux was just a blanket organization used for discussion of threats and new ideas, when not in councel every group was their own nation. The Ogala, The Lakota, the Nakota, the Cheyenne, etc.

I was sent to your schools, where I was told to be a good white kid, despite the color of my skin. Sounds like homogenization to me.

What does the billboard say?
Come and play, Come and play,
forget about the movement...

WTF is your problem man? So you're native American Indian. . .want a cookie? Get over yourself already man. What makes you so friggin special? Ethnic pride is one thing. . .excessive pride is hubris. You are illustrating the point the guy who made the speech was trying to make perfectly.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Sounds a lot like what has happened in this country over the past 60 years.

1. This country doesnt try to make people learn the common language of the country before allowing them to enter. Our schools are filled with kids who come from another country and cant even speak english. But to force them to learn english is considered wrong. This will create a group of people who will apply to rule #4.

2. Happens everyday in this country. Everybody who isnt white is celebrated for the color of their skin.

3. Follows onto point #2. Diversity is pushed in this country instead of unity.

4. This point is obvious, before Hispanics were growing the black community was. Both are probably the least educated in this country.

5. Anybody who watches the news at night knows everybody is a victim. Nobody does anything wrong anymore.

6. Again right on the mark. Rarely will you see a hispanic + white march celebrating unity. It is always one group showing off how they are different.

7. Big time right, I bet right now most people are reading what I am writing and thinking it is wrong to write it(myself included). This has been indoctrinated into our heads since we hit the public school system.

8. I dont agree with him on this point. I believe immigration is a needed component of our economy. And this component can be utilized to the countries advantages if we fix the previous 7 issues before it destroys our country.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
We have had race riots, civil war, indian wars, Irish riots, italian riots, stole lots of land in a war with the our neighbors mexico, war with canada in a attempted land grab.

When I was in New Orleans I heard Canal st. is named so becasue the french and americans used to fight each other so they built a ditch between them.

America has always had major issues with race. The melting pot is a myth. Even in the 20th century whoever was being kicked around rose up from time to time.

There will always be other languages and we will deny our multiculturism as long as the elite whites rule the roost. -
they will have it no other way even if it is reality based or not.

Either become white culture based or deal with racism. Or just get war declared on your people and locked up. Jail makes a great melting pot.

Aug 14, 2001
What a bunch of crap.

I think this is just some hatemongering from some insecure individuals. Now if they are only going to talk about illegal immigration, then sure, but that should be accompanied by massive increase in legal immigration.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just thought I'd point out that Canada has been an Official MultiCultural/MultiLingual Nation for a long time. Multicultural for some 30 years, Multilingual since its' inception in 1867. Despite some issues between Quebec and the rest of the Country things have been going very well.

I think the article/speech is a load of crap. Even though Multiculturalism would appear to cause Multiple Societies to exist, in reality most Immigrants assimilate into the greater Society and within a few generations it is hard to differentiate between all the varied Cultures as they Mix together anyway. What he seems to fear is the fact that Immigrants don't simply adopt the "American" Culture, but actually change the "American" culture. From the begining of the US, Immigrants have been changing the existing culture in the US, so it appears to me like the guy doesn't even understand that what he fears has been the norm for centuries already.

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
Think about this: I decide I want to live in Portugal. I stow away on a boat, sneak off when I get to a port and forgo any legal "hassles" to make myself legal.. and then proceed to start making demands or at least start to expect the good folks of Portugal to educate me and my family, learn my language, pay my medical bills, provide me w/ driving license etc and generally change their way of doing things cuz I'm from a different culture who's traditions and values are some how as important as the country's who I just invaded. - that wouldn't be real cool would it? As a matter of fact I'd likely be considered that ugly-American the world so despises.. so how come what's good for the goose is somehow NOT good for the gander?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ValuedCustomer
Think about this: I decide I want to live in Portugal. I stow away on a boat, sneak off when I get to a port and forgo any legal "hassles" to make myself legal.. and then proceed to start making demands or at least start to expect the good folks of Portugal to educate me and my family, learn my language, pay my medical bills, provide me w/ driving license etc and generally change their way of doing things cuz I'm from a different culture who's traditions and values are some how as important as the country's who I just invaded. - that wouldn't be real cool would it? As a matter of fact I'd likely be considered that ugly-American the world so despises.. so how come what's good for the goose is somehow NOT good for the gander?

Huh?

ValuedCustomer

May 5, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski

Huh?

uh, it's called a hypothetical example/scenario. think about it. - it wasn't in reply to your little rant, btw.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Just thought I'd point out that Canada has been an Official MultiCultural/MultiLingual Nation for a long time. Multicultural for some 30 years, Multilingual since its' inception in 1867. Despite some issues between Quebec and the rest of the Country things have been going very well.

I think the article/speech is a load of crap. Even though Multiculturalism would appear to cause Multiple Societies to exist, in reality most Immigrants assimilate into the greater Society and within a few generations it is hard to differentiate between all the varied Cultures as they Mix together anyway. What he seems to fear is the fact that Immigrants don't simply adopt the "American" Culture, but actually change the "American" culture. From the begining of the US, Immigrants have been changing the existing culture in the US, so it appears to me like the guy doesn't even understand that what he fears has been the norm for centuries already.
I agree that diversity can co-exist, but only when there are many different ethnic groups and cultures. Toronto is an excellent example of this where there is a large black, white, persian, asian and east indian popuation. Unfortunately when these groups with distinct and fundamental differences relative to the majority of the country, that's when the problems occur.

I used to live in Richmond, BC (aka little china) just before the HK handover and 80% of my class was esl. That is just ridiculous as half the day I'd have less than 10 classmates. Don't get me wrong, they were cool ppl, very interesting, but unefficient use of resources. (considering other areas of the province had 30+ kids per teacher). I also had to go to high school in Surrey (aka little india) where the Hindus and Sikh's brought old conflicts from India with them. There were stabbings at school by Sikh's with their daggers, busting into temples, shootings, etc. All religious based. When these communities are allowed to let themselves reciprocate their own hate with each other, the problems are amplified.

The same can be said in the US where you have a bunch of hicks who don't listen to science and say the world is 4000 years old or whatever and evolution is full out wrong. These people feed/fuel their own hate and disillusion. This is VERY negative for society, as seen by all these evolution conflicts in schools. We need diversity, diversity is good...but concentration of people of the same culture and views, that's where problems start.

With regards to Quebec, they too are concentrated and amplify their problems by feeding each other hate and 50% of them want to leave the country. This doesn't mean things are going well. Things are not going well, almost half are unhappy. It's like the US where 49% are unhappy with Bush...does that mean things are going "very well", of course not.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Huh?

uh, it's called a hypothetical example/scenario. think about it. - it wasn't in reply to your little rant, btw.

Ok, fair enough. It doesn't work that way though. 1 person and their family doesn't make a Community. Now if 10s of thousands did the same and lived in a certain local location, then there might be a need for such things. However, in Canada anyway, Multiculturalism doesn't go as far as providing schools and other forms of services. Schools still teach the Official Language(French in Quebec, English everywhere else), but in many parts of the country Government services can be had in many unOfficial languages, especially in Courts.

About the only thing the Government does unique to each Culture is that it provides funding for the establishment of Cultural Centers for each Culture of significant size where those persons can gather together and do whatever. They also are a good way for that particular Culture to interface with the Greater Community. In these parts(Greater Vancouver, BC) there are Italian, Croatian, Korean, and many other Cultural centers and one of the annual events are when the Italian Cultural Center holds their festival celebrating their culture with Food and other attractions. Other times important persons from the Home Country of particular Cultures use the Cultural Centers as a gathering place.

These Centers also provide a Political Voice to Immigrants and often raise concerns regarding situations(often very bad) in their Homelands. They also provide an Interface between certain Immigrant groups and the Police as many Immigrants come from Nations where the Police are feared so cooperation is quite difficult.

Probably the best effect of this policy though is that many Immigrants have actually returned to their Homelands to help initiate and guide Political Change. In the spotlight the last few years a number of Iranian-Canadian Immigrants have been very active in promoting change in Iran, sadly 1 such person, Zahra Kazemi, ended up giving her life in one such endeavour.

Certainly some groups bring their conflicts with them, Hindus/Punjabis, Jews/Arabs, and Croats/Serbs are some examples where incidents have occured, though there haven't been any significant clashes to speak of, just verbal exchanges for the most part. This is inevitable Multiculturalism or not, First Generation Immigrants carry a certain level of baggage from their Home country. Multicultural Centers actually help to alleviate such tensions though, as each side can be much better reached through Police or other Government Ministries to try and resolve such tensions.

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
I think someone is pulling the OP's leg and e-mailed them a Rush Limbaugh Show trasncript.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Stunt

I agree that diversity can co-exist, but only when there are many different ethnic groups and cultures. Toronto is an excellent example of this where there is a large black, white, persian, asian and east indian popuation. Unfortunately when these groups with distinct and fundamental differences relative to the majority of the country, that's when the problems occur.

I used to live in Richmond, BC (aka little china) just before the HK handover and 80% of my class was esl. That is just ridiculous as half the day I'd have less than 10 classmates. Don't get me wrong, they were cool ppl, very interesting, but unefficient use of resources. (considering other areas of the province had 30+ kids per teacher). I also had to go to high school in Surrey (aka little india) where the Hindus and Sikh's brought old conflicts from India with them. There were stabbings at school by Sikh's with their daggers, busting into temples, shootings, etc. All religious based. When these communities are allowed to let themselves reciprocate their own hate with each other, the problems are amplified.

The same can be said in the US where you have a bunch of hicks who don't listen to science and say the world is 4000 years old or whatever and evolution is full out wrong. These people feed/fuel their own hate and disillusion. This is VERY negative for society, as seen by all these evolution conflicts in schools. We need diversity, diversity is good...but concentration of people of the same culture and views, that's where problems start.

With regards to Quebec, they too are concentrated and amplify their problems by feeding each other hate and 50% of them want to leave the country. This doesn't mean things are going well. Things are not going well, almost half are unhappy. It's like the US where 49% are unhappy with Bush...does that mean things are going "very well", of course not.

You posted this while I posted the post right after it. Hindus/Sikhs is probably what I should have said instead if Hindus/Punjabis. ;)

Certainly the Hatred can fester and live, but Multiculturalism is not the issue concerning that. Those issues would exist regardless as it's merely the fact that those groups have issues with one another that they have brought with them. In time they will get past that.

ESL is certainly an issue, but one that's for the most part temporary. Although perhaps a better method could be used to get Immigrant children up to speed.

Regarding Quebec: I must say I don't really understand what's going on there, except that Trudeau's move to repatriate the Constitution without Quebecs support was a big mistake. I also note that the "50% being unhappy" is not entirely a clear known. Certainly that many(- some) voted yes in the last referendum, but the question on the ballot was quite vague and open to interpretation despite what Premire whatshisface is noted as intending to do. The fact is that Quebec is outside of the Constitutional structure and that the Quebecoius(sp) want in, but they want in as they were under the BNA.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BBond
I think someone is pulling the OP's leg and e-mailed them a Rush Limbaugh Show trasncript.

Hehe, possibly, or Ann Coulter, since she is known to know sh1t about Canada too. ;)