WAHOO!! I got the best WORK schedule!!!!

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
my friend has the best party work schedule...1pm - 9:30pm M-F, he basically gets off work, gets hammered, wakes up at noon and goes to work.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades
my friend has the best party work schedule...1pm - 9:30pm M-F, he basically gets off work, gets hammered, wakes up at noon and goes to work.

So your buddy's an alcoholic, what's so great about that?

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
I took a 3 hour lunch today, haircut, eat at home, watched tv..... it was great

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Dunbar

yes ... too many of these ppl in the world

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000

that it doesn't conflict with work, silly

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades my friend has the best party work schedule...1pm - 9:30pm M-F, he basically gets off work, gets hammered, wakes up at noon and goes to work.

even though it screws his life up

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com

I had 2 - 10 m - f

but I gave that shift to my friend who parties more then me as I would rather have 3 days off :)

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001

Shut up, douchebag. Where did he say it was great? He said it was the "best party work schedule", which it is. What does that have to do at all with being an alcoholic?

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades my friend has the best party work schedule...1pm - 9:30pm M-F, he basically gets off work, gets hammered, wakes up at noon and goes to work.

jeez, it's not like he gets home and sits in a dark corner drinking jack and polishing a gun. he just goes to the local dive bar, drinks beer and plays pool with the locals. it's quite fun actually (i was there last night). but i guess the term "hammered" in my op kind of misled everyone

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
constant 3-day weekends are nice.
(jealous)

I used to have a 4x10 schedule, the three day weekends were nice but I generally spent the first day off recovering (laying around doing nothing).

I love the schedule I have now, I work 5 AM - 1:30 PM M-F. I have virtually the entire afternoon off every day.

Viper GTS

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
I used to do 3 12s and have 4 day weekends (the 4 hours were supposedly made up via telecommuting, yeah right).

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: kalster

How on earth can you infer that he is screwing up his life. Granted he may be screwing up his liver.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
sorry, folks! it is I who has the greatest work schedule!

My father owns a company. My boyfriend owns a company. I do billing and bookeeping for both of them. I turned a spare bedroom into an office so I could work from home. More times then not, I work in my pj's. I have total job security (I mean, which one of them would fire me? ;) ) and just about everything I want... well, I find a way to make it a biz expense.

I cannot count the times that I used call forwarding so I could go to the mall, or over a friends house! The only downside of this setup, is that I get bored sometimes.

Oh well.
:) :) :)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I like my schedule

Sunday 9am-7:30pm
Monday-Weds 11:30am-10pm

though I really don't like getting up so early for work on sunday (I hate the morning and am nocturnal) I like having thursday-Saturday off a Lot though

I used to do 7 on 7 off overnights (6pm-5:30am) ... the work weeks kinda sucked ... but it was nice to have every other week off

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
i'm not happy till i can actually do something i enjoy, make my own hours & have KarenMarie's security.

until then, i'm just going to whine about it with the rest of you:frown::beer:

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Same here. M-T noon til 8pm. But then I have another PT job on the weekend sat/sun, but only 7am-1pm so I still have my weekends, just I'd have to hit the sack earlier.

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
sorry, folks! it is I who has the greatest work schedule!

My father owns a company. My boyfriend owns a company. I do billing and bookeeping for both of them. I turned a spare bedroom into an office so I could work from home. More times then not, I work in my pj's. I have total job security (I mean, which one of them would fire me? ;) ) and just about everything I want... well, I find a way to make it a biz expense.

I cannot count the times that I used call forwarding so I could go to the mall, or over a friends house! The only downside of this setup, is that I get bored sometimes.

Oh well.
:) :) :)

Eh, I've been doing book keeping for my folks business for just about 9 years now and quite frankly I can't stand it. While I was in school my "work schedule" consisted of book keeping and running a PC Repair business on the side (I am a geek ya know) and I quickly realized 2 very important things: 1. I HATE book keeping and 2. I NEVER want to own my own business. I can understand that some people have a passion for accounting and the like (hey people look at me wierd when I tell them I like messing with computers) but after all these years I've really grown tired of it.

It is nice that you can work in your PJ's all day long and you can pretty much work whenever you feel like it but for me it just drove me insane. It's kind of funny though, I still can't stand doing the paper work but since I've been doing it for so long I can rip through work in a fraction of the time it used to take me and now I've got more responsibilities. Guess after all this time I became more efficient whether I liked it or not. :)

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Adul
Monday - Thursday
8 am to 6 PM

3 days off! w00t!!!

Yep you chicks always get the best schedules, wiggle you ass & the male managers just give you whateve you want.:|