W.V GOP: Election of Ilhan Omar means voters have forgotten 9-11

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
While you were posting I made another post quoting the BBC.

Please see post #47

Paramedics say parts are a "no-go", while police do not want to use the politically charged term.

In other words, police do not want to use the term "no-go" because it is not politically correct.
I see this one person's opinion, not paramedics, plural. A former paramedic.
""The violence has turned some parts of Stockholm into "no-go zones" for paramedics, says Henrik Johansson, former head of Sweden's paramedics union.

You say police don't want to use the term because it politically incorrect?
This what was actually said:
Police have acknowledged 60 or so "vulnerable areas" but reject the description of "no-go zones", a highly loaded term in Sweden.

They rejected it, you disingenuous POS.
You are the inveterate liar.

Reactions: edblor

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Quit moving the goalposts.
You said there are no-go zones that cops/emergency vehicles won't go to, in Sweden.
I gave you multiple links to articles that refute your bullshit claim.
You are one disingenuous mothereffer, you know that?

This is pretty much how any interaction with trollhiker ends up. He says some really stupid shit and then starts trying to change the subject when called out.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I like how some conservative asshole from Texas comes in to a thread about conservative assholes in West Virginia and uses a story from some assholes in Russia to divert the thread to a bullshit story about no-go zones in Sweden.

Duhversion is all he knows when a story is about another episode of the Republican Ass Capades.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I like how some conservative asshole from Texas comes in to a thread about conservative assholes in West Virginia and uses a story from some assholes in Russia to divert the thread to a bullshit story about no-go zones in Sweden.

Duhversion is all he knows when a story is about another episode of the Republican Ass Capades.
And I apologize for falling for his shtick.
I should have know better. ;)

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I like how he hiker complains about cherry picking, then proceeds to cherry pick that line from Obama's speech. Read in context, I agree with Obama, he named many different types of people in that speech. Lol...just funny.

It's astounding how it gets it all ass backwards, huh? Obama condemning Muslim extremists turns into Obama condoning Muslim extremists as it passes through his mental distortion field.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Nice cherry picking, it is intentional? Or, are you willfully ignorant?

If we take a death toll for the past decade, how many people have muslims killed, as compared to white supremacists?

You seem to have selective memory that lets you conveniently ignore that white supremacists outnumber any and all other threats in the United States combined.

You're ignoring..

Pittsburgh synagogue shooting
Charleston church shooting
Charlottesville car attack

Not to mention I just had surgery to fix injuries from an attack on me and my wife.

You can make the boogeyman out of "Muslims" as much as you want but white supremacists have a way bigger presence in the USA.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
And I apologize for falling for his shtick.
I should have know better. ;)

No sweat with me and no apology necessary! I know how assholes like him love to bait threads off into the weeds and it's easy to do with some topics.

Surprisingly, the topics that draw them in seem to be all about how shitty conservatives are.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
No sweat with me and no apology necessary! I know how assholes like him love to bait threads off into the weeds and it's easy to do with some topics.

Surprisingly, the topics that draw them in seem to be all about how shitty conservatives are.
I am ready to put him on ignore. He's not worth my time.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Don't try to weasel out of it. It's funny, for a self-proclaimed Christian, you're quite dishonest and evasive.

The New Testament includes homophobic and anti-women's-rights statements, so if you believe the New Testament is the only part that still counts, you must still believe those views. And you didn't just say the Old Testament "no longer applies," you said you denounce it. So was it just a mistake that you explicitly denounced the word of God, or did you mean it and you're a heretic?

Sorry to say it, but you're the stereotype of a modern American Christian. You carefully select the parts of the Bible you're willing to believe in order to justify your ultimately secular views, while simultaneously assuming that people of other faiths must dogmatically believe everything in their texts.
Perhaps this is for another thread.....because it could throw this thread off topic...but be very careful what you claim the Old testament and the New testament say...
also this part was well put --
There's also a tremendous irony to claiming that you believe in 'loving one another' while simultaneously attempting to demonize all Muslims. This doesn't mean you have to accept all Muslims, certainly not for the practices you mention above, but love means acknowledging the existence of moderates and liberals you can get along with, not labeling the entire faith with a hateful brush. And you do not love, you hate.
actually Love means just that we Love everyone!! But with that said I would think that word "Love" also means that we Love everyone and let God be the ultimate judge!!!
Peace!!
Don't try to weasel out of it. It's funny, for a self-proclaimed Christian, you're quite dishonest and evasive.

The New Testament includes homophobic and anti-women's-rights statements, so if you believe the New Testament is the only part that still counts, you must still believe those views. And you didn't just say the Old Testament "no longer applies," you said you denounce it. So was it just a mistake that you explicitly denounced the word of God, or did you mean it and you're a heretic?

Sorry to say it, but you're the stereotype of a modern American Christian. You carefully select the parts of the Bible you're willing to believe in order to justify your ultimately secular views, while simultaneously assuming that people of other faiths must dogmatically believe everything in their texts.
I understand what you are saying to Texashiker and that is fine in the above context!
But I get the feeling that if you were to discuss the Bible with somebody else that you would regurgitate all the lame crap that people who don`t understand the scriptures se to disprove the scriptures! Such as certain old testament passages concerning women and old testament punishments and such!
You are treading on a slippery slope!
Peace!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Quit moving the goalposts.
You said there are no-go zones that cops/emergency vehicles won't go to, in Sweden.
I gave you multiple links to articles that refute your bullshit claim.
You are one disingenuous mothereffer, you know that?
Honesty and the word texashiker just are not compatable when hiker is hell bent on making a point!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
To rub salt in the "wound," that committee was, I believe, assembled/run/coordinated by the Catholic Church with a Pope overseeing the process. So, essentially, what is celebrated with the New Testament was a Catholic creation...causes evangelicals to explode both figuratively and literally when presented with that. Then the denials start, naturally.
To further rub more salt in the wound the catholic church to this day does not actually believe these scriptures...….lolol

Mar 11, 2004
This is pretty much how any interaction with trollhiker ends up. He says some really stupid shit and then starts trying to change the subject when called out.

That's how all the conservatives act. Seriously, all of them do that shit. They just do it in different manners, but its all the same inherent bullshit behavior.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I expect "condemnations" from everyone.

If all white supremacist are bad, why aren't all muslims bad?

Selective outrage.

Even though Iran hangs gays, and it is legal in Saudi Arabia to execute gays, that's ok, right?

Sweden has no-go areas.

Women in England are sent overseas to be circumcised.

Honor killings... etc.

He questions if all white supremacists are bad then why don't people hate Muslims. It's like he blames Muslims for generations of inbreeding.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I have a feeling that this is going to be a theme in the 2020 elections: "look at how these brown and yellow skin people want to change your country." They won't just go after Omar; they'll go after Ocasio-Cortez and others as well. The Republicans don't have much choice. It's culture war time.

The organized Republican hate focuses almost exclusively on women, minorities, Jews, and Muslims. AOC checks two boxes, Omar checks three boxes. Rarely do you see much hate for white, Christian men. Some minor digs at Schumer, which pale along side the lunatic frothing about Pelosi. This has been the approach for the Republicans for quite some time.

To be completely honest, though, Omar should really stop talking shit about Israel and focus on other subjects. Fair or not, right or not, Americans are going to look at the hijab she's wearing and assume that she's an anti-semite whenever she criticizes Israel - even in a measured tone. She wasn't elected to talk about Israel; she was elected to help her district and as a Somali-born, naturalized American, she needs to understand that.

When Democrats are forced to torch one of their own, that tells you something.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1201881

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If all white supremacist are bad, why aren't all muslims bad?

FFS, TH: please explain how "white supremacists" as a group, are comparable to "muslims."

please motherfucking explain this. The underpinning logic of your..."attempt" here is, essentially, that all whites are, by default, "white supremacists" or perhaps even that all Christians are "white supremacists."

If you had any fucking skill at understanding context, you would accept that this is exactly what you are trying to propose, and you would summarily apologize for dragging this useless stupidity into any kind of room where adults congregate. Seriously--what the ever loving fuck is your failure, man?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
FFS, TH: please explain how "white supremacists" as a group, are comparable to "muslims."

please motherfucking explain this. The underpinning logic of your..."attempt" here is, essentially, that all whites are, by default, "white supremacists" or perhaps even that all Christians are "white supremacists."

If you had any fucking skill at understanding context, you would accept that this is exactly what you are trying to propose, and you would summarily apologize for dragging this useless stupidity into any kind of room where adults congregate. Seriously--what the ever loving fuck is your failure, man?
Weird how that question keeps coming up.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Matt 5.17–18

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

TH's ignorance of his own religion would be surprising if not for the ignorance he has displayed at just about any topic. FYI that is red text, meaning that J Dog himself ostensibly said that. You calling him a liar? Are you taking the moral high ground against what is in the old testament? Heresy and blasphemy.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I
To be completely honest, though, Omar should really stop talking shit about Israel and focus on other subjects. Fair or not, right or not, Americans are going to look at the hijab she's wearing and assume that she's an anti-semite whenever she criticizes Israel - even in a measured tone. She wasn't elected to talk about Israel; she was elected to help her district and as a Somali-born, naturalized American, she needs to understand that.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1201881

Yeah, everyone knows that anti-Semitic slander without repercussion is an exclusive privilege to white male Congressmen like Jim Jordan.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The W.V. GOP has decided that some people have forgotten 9-11 and that everyone needs to know that the election of Ilhan Omar means that we're all going to die. I guess the Democrats of Minnesota are out to destroy America?

Either way, this is just another toxic spill in the Meth Lab of Democracy that's known as West-By-God Virginia.
I have decided that everyone who voted for Trump has forgotten their morality