VW Jetta & Passat... getting redone soon?

ragiepew

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a friend who is intrested in purchasing a VW Jetta or Passat however I have heard rumors of both of them being restyled soon. I know that the Jetta has been around, in its current form, for quite some time and that the Passat has been on virtually the same body/chasis for the past 4-5 years. The new Audi A6 is coming out soon and with it I expect we'll probably see a new Passat, aren't they based on the same chasis?

Anyway, I'd like to get some hard proof of this and not just tell him that "trust me, I know"...

Thanks.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Well, the next Golf/Jetta redesigns are due in 2005. Apparently the new A3's that are showing up now are based on this platform. I'm not sure about the Passat. Check vwvortex's MkV forums for info on the new Golf/Jetta models. They probably have info on the Passat too though I've never checked.

EDIT: From the MkV forums FAQ at vwvortex:

Q - When will the Golf V and Jetta V be introduced in North America?

A - Best guess is at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2005. We will initially see the GTI and Jetta models for sale here in North America.

Apparently they will introduce the new Golf this September and the new Jetta next spring. But, we won't see the cars for sale here until '05.