Question VPN issues

kojack0

May 9, 2022
I was using CyberGhost VPN. I quit using after they updated and I can no longer connect to the Wi-Fi when I turn on the vpn. This is on a laptop and PC. any suggestions.

Reactions: williamsheikspare

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I was using CyberGhost VPN. I quit using after they updated and I can no longer connect to the Wi-Fi when I turn on the vpn. This is on a laptop and PC. any suggestions.
Why did you quit using it after they updated (what) ?

Just to rule it out, are you certain it is the wifi itself you cannot connect to, not that you cannot make an IP connection to anything on the internet?

I'm thinking it might be something like a kill switch in their software, where if it doesn't connect to them, for your own safety it locks out the connection on the client system it's installed on. In that case I'd try uninstalling it, and depending on what "they updated" means, get the newer version of the app?

kojack0

May 9, 2022
Why did you quit using it after they updated (what) ?

Just to rule it out, are you certain it is the wifi itself you cannot connect to, not that you cannot make an IP connection to anything on the internet?

I'm thinking it might be something like a kill switch in their software, where if it doesn't connect to them, for your own safety it locks out the connection on the client system it's installed on. In that case I'd try uninstalling it, and depending on what "they updated" means, get the newer version of the app?

kojack0

May 9, 2022
I did not pay attention when it reported updates available. I just updated it. I will try the reinstall to see if that changes anything.

sj92

Dec 15, 2021
It sounds like the VPN backend issue. Another possibility is your ISP. Some ISPs do not allow users connect to VPN.

Do you see any ping error like destination net unreachable?

VPN connection ends destination net unreachable

Last edited:

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Use Mullvad if you want better security/privacy without paying a fortune.

For security/privacy it’s pretty hard to beat them.

They also have Wireguard support! 👍