Voting machine manufacturer’s lawsuits thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
No it does not result in the same thing!
The lawsuit will go forward with or without the participation of Lindell and his legal team!
My bad i forgot how ignorant some people are on these forums!

While claiming ignorance of other posters, you are displaying a substantial and basic lack of understanding of the legal system. The judge certainly had the authority to impose sanctions on any party who refuses to show up for ANY court hearing, including pretrial conferences. I've never seen a represented party get away with such a blatant disregard of the court's authority. And where the judge continues to urge settlement on the complying party, you are either dealing with a weak or biased judge.

Reactions: blackangst1

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
While claiming ignorance of other posters, you are displaying a substantial and basic lack of understanding of the legal system. The judge certainly had the authority to impose sanctions on any party who refuses to show up for ANY court hearing, including pretrial conferences. I've never seen a represented party get away with such a blatant disregard of the court's authority. And where the judge continues to urge settlement on the complying party, you are either dealing with a weak or biased judge.
I'm sorry that you are not seeing the big picture! Carry on!! Lindell has no prayer in the world !!

Nov 17, 2019
And in other news ....

U.S. News // 1 hour ago
N.Y. judge says Smartmatic defamation suit against Fox News can go to trial
March 9 (UPI) -- A New York judge on Wednesday said a $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit brought by voting technology company Smartmatic against Fox News can proceed, but tossed claims against three individuals.

Nov 17, 2019
Progress ....

"Reuters) - Two Georgia election workers who were the target of vote-rigging conspiracy theories have reached a settlement agreement with the far-right One America News Network in their defamation lawsuit against the outlet, according to court papers filed on Thursday.

Wandrea "Shaye" Moss, a voter registration officer in Fulton County, and Ruby Freeman, Moss's mother and a temp worker for the 2020 election, sued OAN officials along with former U.S. President Donald Trump's ex-lawyer Rudy Giuliani for allegedly spreading lies about them in their efforts to overturn Trump's election loss."

Reactions: Muse

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Progress ....

"Reuters) - Two Georgia election workers who were the target of vote-rigging conspiracy theories have reached a settlement agreement with the far-right One America News Network in their defamation lawsuit against the outlet, according to court papers filed on Thursday.

Wandrea "Shaye" Moss, a voter registration officer in Fulton County, and Ruby Freeman, Moss's mother and a temp worker for the 2020 election, sued OAN officials along with former U.S. President Donald Trump's ex-lawyer Rudy Giuliani for allegedly spreading lies about them in their efforts to overturn Trump's election loss."

In a case of such national importance, the judge should reject such secret settlements as a matter of public policy. I'm not sure I count this as progress-it could just as easily be characterized as a splintering of the group of plaintiff's by selective infusion of cash by the defendants. I'd much rather see a situation like Sandy Hook where the plaintiffs stuck together on a case that was very problematic and ultimately prevailed with a real, honest and painful to the defendants settlement.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Progress ....

I honestly didn’t think they’d get a penny—thought OAN was already under bankruptcy protection because of their carriage agreements crumbling.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I honestly didn’t think they’d get a penny—thought OAN was already under bankruptcy protection because of their carriage agreements crumbling.

They have insurance for things like this which is why this has settled so quickly after their demise. They could have had limited window to get anything, so the timing allowed OAN to tag a secrecy clause to take advantage of the situation.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019
These suits should not be about money.

They should be about getting the key players to admit they knew what they were doing was wrong and that it was done intentionally in the interests of increasing business.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
These suits should not be about money.

They should be about getting the key players to admit they knew what they were doing was wrong and that it was done intentionally in the interests of increasing business.
So just saying "sorry" would be justice for these people that have been through hell and had death threats made against them?

Nov 17, 2019
I really don't know the best thread to put this on, but since it deals with claims of vote fraud ....

GOP activist accused of funding bogus voter-fraud probe charged with assault

www.msn.com.ico
The Washington Post on MSN.com|38 minutes ago
Texas GOP megadonor Steven Hotze is facing charges after a private investigator he'd hired allegedly held a repairman at gunpoint.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Progress ....

Hope they get enough to retire.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
I have told my kids that once you go to Court things are out of your control. It is public. If you needs require you to get outside conflict resolution you lose the right to privacy. The Court belongs to all of us and shouldn't be used by either side to control the narrative.

Nov 17, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: hal2kilo and Amused

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The sad fucking part is that its a voting machine company doing the suing… and not the government… or some instance of the democratic party. Fox should have been put into the ground years ago.
Easy for voting machine company to show tangible harm. Now we have emails from Hannity knew the voting machine fraud accusation was also bullshit so they are a party to the suit.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The sad fucking part is that its a voting machine company doing the suing… and not the government… or some instance of the democratic party. Fox should have been put into the ground years ago.
It's probably good that politicians and the government are mostly blocked from these sorts of lawsuits. We already have the example of Devin Nunes trying to abuse them and imagine what the feds would do to places like the NYT or WaPo if a Trumpkin were back in charge.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It's probably good that politicians and the government are mostly blocked from these sorts of lawsuits. We already have the example of Devin Nunes trying to abuse them and imagine what the feds would do to places like the NYT or WaPo if a Trumpkin were back in charge.
Yea, maybe... I dont know