Voting early.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Mr Pickles

Topic Title: Voting early.
Topic Summary: Not a P&N thread. Just wondering about early voting.

What if the dude dies, whoever the dude is that you are voting for. That would suck, your vote would die with him. No fun there. I guess there is enough time between the official swear in and the counting of the votes that your vote could die anyway, but that would just suck. I'm going to reduce my chances by not voting early.

Feel free to replace "dies" with something really bad that isn't dying, like "turns out to be a big pedo" or "tests positive for blow and crabs"... I don't know, use your atot imagination...

---

I disagree Mr Pickles, I'm moving this to P&N.

Zim Hosein

Off Topic Moderator.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I've never been a fan of early voting.

maybe it's the catholic in me, but I've always felt like there was something Important about the idea of an entire nation going to vote en mass and all going through the ritual of election day at the same time, as opposed to just absently doing the deed with the same reverence as writing the grocery list and then dropping it in the mail along with your netflix dvds.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
I disagree with you disagreeing Zim! But Zim's a pretty sweet name so I'll let it slide.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I've always early voted but I considered waiting until the big day this time, for the reason loki is talking about.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I voted early for Obama. I'm not worried about him dying, because I'm sure the fucker would still get elected even if he was dead. If he was found to be a pedo, I'm sure the 'hats around here would have a million apologies ready to go, and it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

Necropedo for Change

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481

maybe it's the catholic in me, but I've always felt like there was something Important about the idea of an entire nation going to vote en mass and all going through the ritual of election day at the same time, as opposed to just absently doing the deed with the same reverence as writing the grocery list and then dropping it in the mail along with your netflix dvds.

I voted early for Obama this past Friday. You should have seen the lines this past weekend in FL. Trust me. The people are still voting in mass. I am talking 4-5 hour waits every day of last week. Could you imagine trying to get everyone to vote on one day considering the wait times with just the early voters?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: loki8481

I voted early for Obama this past Friday. You should have seen the lines this past weekend in FL. Trust me. The people are still voting in mass. I am talking 4-5 hour waits every day of last week. Could you imagine trying to get everyone to vote on one day considering the wait times with just the early voters?

Yep Nov4 will be hell at a lot of places. I work/commute 12hrs a day and my wife is pregnant. So with that we voted early by mail. Also for Obama and we are in a swing state, VA.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: jbourne77
I voted early for Obama. I'm not worried about him dying, because I'm sure the fucker would still get elected even if he was dead. If he was found to be a pedo, I'm sure the 'hats around here would have a million apologies ready to go, and it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

Necropedo for Change
You sound very conflicted. I'm sorry for you.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: jbourne77

Necropedo for Change
You sound very conflicted. I'm sorry for you.

Smelly POS for Prez, or Senile POS for Prez. Yeah, I'm conflicted.