Voter fraud Republican style

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is not the official GOP backed fraud of disenfranchisment. I'm assuming this girl is not endorsed by the Republican Party. However what she is doing has more of an effect then in person impersonation. The kind "voter fraud" Republicans are using as an excuse to enact new voter restrictions with the goal of limiting Democratic votes. So where are the new laws being introduced by Republicans to prevent this kind of voter fraud?

crickets...............

http://www.9news.com/news/article/290930/188/Voter-registration-video-goes-viral

A video posted to YouTube this weekend has gone viral with political outrage after a young woman registering people to vote was recorded saying she worked for the clerk's office but was only registering people who wanted to vote for Mitt Romney.

The El Paso County Clerk & Recorder on Sunday night issued a statement to clear the confusion on the matter saying the young woman does not work for their office.

"The statement made in this video is both unfortunate and inaccurate," said Clerk & Recorder Wayne Williams.

"My office does not and will not engage in partisan voter registration. It is the duty of the Clerk's office to ensure that elections are conducted in a fair and honest manner, this includes allowing any one to register to vote regardless of their political party affiliation."

9NEWS learned Sunday that the young woman is a volunteer for the Romney campaign. They say she was inexperienced and have since spoke with her.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Because she works for the County Clerk's office.

A video posted to YouTube this weekend has gone viral with political outrage after a young woman registering people to vote was recorded saying she worked for the clerk's office but was only registering people who wanted to vote for Mitt Romney.

The El Paso County Clerk & Recorder on Sunday night issued a statement to clear the confusion on the matter saying the young woman does not work for their office.

"The statement made in this video is both unfortunate and inaccurate," said Clerk & Recorder Wayne Williams.

"My office does not and will not engage in partisan voter registration. It is the duty of the Clerk's office to ensure that elections are conducted in a fair and honest manner, this includes allowing any one to register to vote regardless of their political party affiliation."

9NEWS learned Sunday that the young woman is a volunteer for the Romney campaign. They say she was inexperienced and have since spoke with her.

Dude...........

Jan 25, 2011
She admits in the clip working for the county clerks office. The office confirmed even though they said she misspoke.

No, in the quote you posted they clearly say she doesn't work for them. It also says she works for the Romney campaign.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
By law, a person registering voters must accept & pass forward all attempts to register.

The young woman in the video isn't doing that, at all.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
By law, a person registering voters must accept & pass forward all attempts to register.

The young woman in the video isn't doing that, at all.

and she was properly informed of this by the Romney campaign as soon as they were aware of it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No, in the quote you posted they clearly say she doesn't work for them. It also says she works for the Romney campaign.

You guys are missing the point. I stated in the OP I doubt Republicans are behind this.

The point is she says "I work for the county clerks office"

Therefore we have the possibility of widespread voter fruad.

The point is why aren't we getting a slew of new laws to prevent this kind of fraud?

When you answer that you also answer the underlying question.

Prize for the 1st person who get's it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.