Vote for your favorite DOG!

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Im alergic to dogs :( My choices below, with reasons

Sporting - Weimeraner (gorgeus looking)
Working - Samoyed (nice white coat)
Toy - Cavaliar King Charles Spaniel (expensive but cute!)
Non-Sporting - Boston Terrier (elegant)
Herding - Old English Sheepdog ( gotta love the shaggy dogs)
Terrier - West Highland Terrier (smallest and fiercest !)
Hound - Afghan Hound (just gorgeous hair)

I can't have dogs, but i love them.. :)

Edit.. more cwap from me:
Anyone here own or seen a Rhodesian Ridgeback. The hair on their spine grows the opposite direction than the rest of the coat.. so its wild looking.
Basenjis are wierd cuz some of them have no bark.. used as a guard dog to alert their owners.. kinda cool...
Airedales are really cute dogs too :D

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
which category would a snhnauzzer (sp) be?

this is the small dof that looks like an old guy (white beard and all)

I LOVE this dog

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: LAUST
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
golden retrievers and lab retrievers rule
Word, here is mine.. best dog I have ever had in my life

We have a lady that raises dogs for the blind so she brings in a golden or a lab for about 9 month's for training in the workplace then she gets a new one, they are always the greatest dogs. Amazing how smart they are and how gentle.

For sure, golden retrievers rule.

I hate those little pansies HOLDING their poodles as they walk past my Golden Retriever. He may be big, but hes loyal and super nice. How dare they.

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003

We have a lady that raises dogs for the blind so she brings in a golden or a lab for about 9 month's for training in the workplace then she gets a new one, they are always the greatest dogs. Amazing how smart they are and how gentle.

beautiful retreiver..
Here's to the good things in life :beer:

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: ajpa123

beautiful retreiver..
Here's to the good things in life :beer:

does it shed a lot of fur??
do u need to have a big garden for this dog??

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Bah, Retrievers and Labs are too popular.

Siberian Huskies get my vote, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks interest me greatly.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Bah, Retrievers and Labs are too popular.

Siberian Huskies get my vote, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks interest me greatly.
Huskies are neat dogs too. I used to have a 87/13 Timber/Huskie. She was a really neat dog, I miss her a lot. She just didn't have that companion attitude like my GR does. (why I think the Labs/GR's are so popular)

Yeah, you're right about that. Huskies are meant to be hooked onto a sled. Ours ran through the invisible fencing multiple times but always had many families waiting to adopt him at the shelter before we found him again. He died of kidney failure 5+ years ago:(.

We moved after that and now we have this little guy and another one just like him but a few pounds smaller and white. They are Bichon Frise - Poodle mixes. Quite different from the Husky we had but they are definitely more loyal, but to the point that they are annoying. They act like they havent seen you in 5 years every time you drive up or open the door.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior

Yeah, you're right about that. Huskies are meant to be hooked onto a sled. Ours ran through the invisible fencing multiple times but always had many families waiting to adopt him at the shelter before we found him again. He died of kidney failure 5+ years ago:(.

We moved after that and now we have this little guy and another one just like him but a few pounds smaller and white. They are Bichon Frise - Poodle mixes. Quite different from the Husky we had but they are definitely more loyal, but to the point that they are annoying. They act like they havent seen you in 5 years every time you drive up or open the door.
:( about the kidney failure.

yah the smaller dogs are usually like that when you get home ;) Amazing the energy the smaller dogs have too. Mine is pretty laid back, he's also 9 now so he's pretty mellowed out now. The picture of him with his hippo is about the most excited he gets now ;) I wish they lived as long as we do.

Too much energy if you ask me :D. Ours are still 4 years old, so hopefully they will start relaxing more in a few years. Bailey will play fetch from sun up till sundown though. He won't stop till you walk into the house, and even then he just runs to the top of the stairs. I shouldn't have taught him that.