VOTE FOR CRYSIS!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Miklebud
Crysis tied for 1st with UT3 at 18%.

wow, are people really that swayed by pretty graphics and hype?

if UT3 is in 1st, then the answer is obviously yes. i was not impressed at all by the MP demo.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Miklebud
Crysis tied for 1st with UT3 at 18%.

wow, are people really that swayed by pretty graphics and hype?

if UT3 is in 1st, then the answer is obviously yes. i was not impressed at all by the MP demo.

i was talking more about crysis than UT3, but whatever works.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the link, I am not Bot Spamming for Call of Duty 4. Look for it to have 1 Meeelion votes by the end of the day. :D :D :D

Just kidding, I did vote COD4 though. I just couldn't get into Crysis and even the graphics seem about even with CoD4.

Yes it is my opninion, but that is what I see.

8800gts 640
4gig o ram
raid

yadayada

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I have mixed feelings with Crysis. It's pretty, it's clean, and it doesn't have many bugs. I got two problems with the game though. It is how linear it is compared with Far Cry, and how it's a game based covert ops yet it's not a covert shooter. You have one melee attack and senseless silencers. I think a good weapons mod could turn Crysis into a great game.

The other problem is you don't have the point of infiltration like you did with Far Cry. You were always pushed between two mountains with a river in-between.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Look at the results on the other games as well. It looks like GameSpot reset the entire poll.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
What doesn't make sense is how COD4 could gain 10,000 votes while Crysis could lose 10,000 in the matter of hours. WTF indeed?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Last time I looked UT3 and Crysis were clearly in the lead. Now COD 4 is clearly in the lead. I guess Activision bought some extra add space with Gamespot.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Personally, I'd say anyone who really hated Crysis probably had a machine that couldn't handle it. Just a hunch. I don't know how you can call Crysis the same old thing, considering the only game to do what it does previously was Farcry. While CoD4 is the same exact game since CoD1. Which isn't necessarily bad, just kind of makes that opinion sound a little silly.