VOTE FOR CRYSIS!

Fadardo

Jun 10, 2007
Thank you TOR, I'll be voting 50 times for crysis.

All I can say is thank god madden, nfs pro street, wwf, dragonball z and CANE AND LYNCH are doing poorly.

How the hell did they even get nominated for GAME OF THE YEAR contender?
Can you say payola?

::edit::eek:h right I didn't see that this is GAMESPOT....hahaha

;p

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
why would i vote for a crappy game?

CoD4 is 100x better than Crysis ever will be. bioshock and Orange Box are better than Crysis also.

I wish i never would have bought Crysis.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
I played a little bit of Crysis. Graphics are nice (my machine is not good enough to run everything on high, so I don't know how mind blowing they actually are), but gameplay just feels same old same old. Some technical issues too, like audio lag and keyboard input lag, which after a while render the game unplayable; don't know if that's my problem or their problem.

I agree. I had a better time playing CoD4 single player. Sometimes you just need tightly scripted linear action if you want to go for cinematic wow factor. I mean, of the big-name games recently released (other than Crysis and CoD4, Hellgate and Bioshock, etc), CoD4 has been the only one I played through start to finish. I haven't given Episode 2 a try yet.

I can't really take Gamespot seriously. C'mon, who puts Need for Speed Pro Street and PGR4 up as options when you leave out a game like Forza 2? I mean, Pro Street has got to be the worst Need for Speed ever made.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
No STALKER ?! What the hell ?

Sorry no vote from me. I refuse to vote for Crysis or UT3 or any on that list in "exchange" for STALKER.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Sorry, I voted for Halo3 instead, just because I could - not because it was the best.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
what the hell? UT3 is winning? how was that game in any way the best of '07... i say orange box then crysis

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I voted for Crysis but probably shouldn't have because while it was freaking amazing baring past the caves.... I should have voted for COD4 has alot of staying power in my eyes. I can play its SP and MP over and over.

Orange box was ok, Portal and HL2:EP2 were fun but, TF2 just isn't fun for me.

UT3 in the lead I don't get it that game isn't fun at all...

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: pontifex

CoD4 is 100x better than Crysis ever will be. bioshock and Orange Box are better than Crysis also.

so how much is your copy going for? :p

i won't comment on COD4's MP because i haven't played it, but the SP demo was 100% suck. toy-like weapons fire, infinite spawn enemies, typical COD linear gameplay, teammates are a useless novelty.

i played COD2 and while it was nice for a little, it got so repetitive. i'm sure COD4's MP is great, but i'd rather have the great SP experience.

GZFant

Feb 18, 2003
www.groundzerocs.com
Crysis is definitely better than COD4. Overall, Crysis will last much longer because of the infinite possibilities of the engine. I cannot vote though, it hurts too bad to see Stalker not on the list.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Funny, I have not played any of those games other than the beta for ET : QW (for 10 minutes). They really need to make a PS3 version of Bioshock and Mass Effect (since EA owns Bioware now, hopefully the exclusivity deal has an expiration date).

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

i won't comment on COD4's MP because i haven't played it, but the SP demo was 100% suck. toy-like weapons fire, infinite spawn enemies, typical COD linear gameplay, teammates are a useless novelty.

i played COD2 and while it was nice for a little, it got so repetitive. i'm sure COD4's MP is great, but i'd rather have the great SP experience.

You are missing out then. CoD4's SP was one the most impressive campaigns I have ever played. I played on one of the harder levels, and although there were a great number of enemies, they stopped after certain waves. I am not sure where you are getting infinite enemy spawns from.

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Bioshock got my vote - Crysis did not entertain me anywhere close to it...

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
CRYSIS WAS TERRIBLE ;!

Your going to vote for a game that has probably the worst story line out of all the bunch.

UT3 16%
Crysis 14%
COD4 12%
Super Mario Galaxy 10%
Halo 3 9%
Bioshock 8%
Assassin Creed 7%
Mass effect 7%
The orange Box 4%

who is voting on Assassin creed , UT 3 and Crysis :( they all don't deserve to be on top the list. they are screwed up in some way or another :(

Mass effect #1
The Orange Box #2
Super Mario Galaxy #3

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004

noob! Go play brainless chaotic shooters then!

*Paces for OFP2*

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

unfortunately i can't sell it because i bought it through the EA store :(

I'm at the area with the base on the hill that has the wooden rope bridge across the chasm. I can't bring myself to play it any more. It's just boring as hell. trying to play it stealthy is just painfully slow and doesn't even really make that much difference as once you shoot 1 enemy, the entire area knows you're there and they're on alert. run and gun is just boring and same old mediocre gameplay like Far Cry. the story is just crap.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
I voted for Halo 3 even though it's flawed. The SP was overly confusing and not having Cortana plugged into the Chief's suit was a bummer because she was great at explaining what was going on...etc.

Crysis was flippin' fantastic though. Driving that tank and watching the mountain crumble up ahead was incredible, and I actually loved the alien levels except for the VTOL one. The 'Paradise Lost' level didn't have any major performance inpact on my PC, I only dropped from about 29 fps average down to about 25, which was still perfectly playable and provided incredible visuals.

CoD4's single player demo was probably the biggest piece of garbage I've played through in quite some time. And I loved the original CoD and it's expansion pack, both SP and MP.

Never played Stalker, although from reading other people's views it sounds like a game I might like...

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
The Witcher isn't an option, so i cant vote! :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown: