Voodoo 2 SLI question

birddog

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
can two Voodoo2's from different makers (both 12 mb cards) be run in SLI mode (using reference drivers) or do they have to be from the same manufacturer?

I put one in a friends system (not sure the brand)& am looking at one on the for sale/trade section. I've never done an SLI setup before, so I want to make sure it can be done before I commit.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
I haven't tested this myself, but from what I understand, yes, as long as it's the same memory and both were made using the reference design(Pretty much everything except Quantom's), then you shouldn't have a problem.

birddog

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
Thanks ViRGE, I'll have to get a hold of my buddy & see if he is interested in adding a V2 to his rig for SLI.

IceStorm

Feb 7, 2000
Last I heard, it was dependent on the RAM controller on the boards. If they're the same, they may work. If not, they most likely won't.

I never got it to work without the hacked Metabyte drivers (eyeScream) that they no longer sell. If you can find the last version (or an iso image of the CD, since that's what you need to upgrade them), you may be able to get it to work.

Give it a shot. Worst that happens is it doesn't work.

Just my $0.02