Voltage Read Point on 7950?

Belial88

Feb 25, 2011
Where would one measure voltage with a voltmeter/DMM on a 7950?

And I understand I can read voltage using the PCI-E solder points on the back of the board, but I'm not exactly sure which ones, and as I understand, it's not as accurate. I am curious to know this, but I do not think I will be using these points.

There is a good reason for me wanting to know this, and why software voltage is not relevant to my intended purposes, so please stay with the question rather than berating me about why I want to know how to do this (ugh, knowledge of our computer components, burn him!). I really do not want to explain my life story for a simple question.

If you really must know why I need to know this before answering my question, you can PM me. I am not doing any shady here. Let's just say it's something proprietary, on my own, not for any monetary gain, and will be revealed to all in due time.

Thanks. To be specific, this would be for a Gigabyte 7950 (not sure on version, sorry, it's in the mail and I'm not sure which version I'll be getting). I don't think this should matter though.

Last edited: