voice solicitations on my cell phone

xBeanx

Jul 11, 2001
I have heard about the whole txt msg spaming to cell phones but this one was new to me. last night a received one of those recorded calls to my cell phone and was alittle irritated but today I got 2 more and im just plain mad. I called cingular and they have me go to do not call site. just had to vent. I'm just glad i have first incomming minute free and the call didn't count against the time i pay for.:|

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Yeah I got a spam SMS message on my sprint phone talking about some new revolutionary weight loss pill. I swear if I ever get another one of those on my phone I'm gonna lose it with whichever unlucky sprint rep fields my call.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Funny...I just got my first one of those recorded messages yesterday on my cell. I just hung up on it. I also got that spam text message for the weight loss pill a while ago. I'm on Sprint, if it matters...

rezinn

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2004
AT&T, never had anything like that.. Sounds like sprint may have something to do with it?

AEnigmaWI

Jan 21, 2004
I get voice solicitation calls on my cell phone all the time!! During work!! If I answer them, half the time's my credit card company... WHICH IS THE SAME COMPANY I WORK FOR (bank)... calling me DURING WORK HOURS... to sell me cr4p I don't want.

roar

xBeanx

Jul 11, 2001
yeah I didn't know that the "do not call registery" worked for cell phones too but it does so this should take care of the problem.

AEnigmaWI

Jan 21, 2004
it'z probably because i don't have a land line.. I'm free to receive phone solicits anywhere I go now!! w00t!