Vladimir Guerrero going to the Angels?!

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Angels will be very good next year with Vladimir cleaning up. This is a surprise indeed.

But 2004 is Red Sox year. Curt Schilling is the savior.

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
damn...one team I didn't want him to go to.

Angels are gonna be tough this year.

Are you an Oakland fan or a Los Angeles fan? :p

JMaster

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, the Angels are gonna be tough w/their new pitching upgrades as well, too! :)
Bill Stoneman says he's not done w/signing pitchers yet either.
Funny, what have the Dodgers done so far, besides get rid of Kevin Brown, pick up a couple of old guys, and resigning Dave Roberts?
Go Halos! Hopefully they will extend the contract on Garret Anderson soon before spring training starts.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Go Halos! I was totally shocked when I saw the sports page this morning. Looks like this guy Moreno means business. I still have one question tho, where does this put Salmon, DH? The projected outfield is Anderson, Guillen and Vlad. Well, guess I answered my own question reading the article on ESPN:) I will say its gonna be sad not seeing Erstad in center. He's simply incredible as an outfielder. Salmon is slowing down a bit much for the outfield tho; glad to see he'll still be a key player:)

GO HALOS!!!

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Wow, go Angels.

Dodgers are just pathetic. Only big moves they ever do is get rid of their best players always. Okay okay, seriously though, they get one major signing and think somehow thats going to change everything.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Angels made a big mistake on Bartolo Colon. He isn't as good as you think. He is like Livan Hernandez with heat.

Vladimir Guerrero will be a big boost in offense.

Guerrero, Anderson and Glaus is the best one two three in the lineup since Garciaparra, Ramirez, Ortiz.

They have one of the best bullpen in the league, Rodriguez, Donnelly and Percival.

They still have a weak rotation, Escobar is unproven, Washburn doesn't have ace stuff, Lackey lacks consistency, and Ortiz is a gamble on the mound.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Don't bring up Chokeland A's again guys. Zito, Hudson and Mulder will be playing for Red Sox, Yankees or any team with cap room in 3 years.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: Sid59
Originally posted by: NutBucket
So what are you A's gonna do after the Halos win the division?

cry and root for any team that plays the Angels.

I wonder where 'ole Red is. He belongs in this thread:)

lol. .lots of people MIA lately. i used to love the Angles .. when they were the California Angels and they totally sucked. I liked the sucky teams.

emb09

Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
damn...one team I didn't want him to go to.

Angels are gonna be tough this year.

my thoughts exactly. normally players have difficulty adjusting from a league change, but i have a feeling v. guerrero will not be fazed. He'll be in the hall if he stays healthy.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Sadly, the Expos couldn't afford him any more :(. Vladi is a treat to watch, he's one of thebest bad-pitch hitters I've ever seen. The thought of him in a line-up where pitchers have to pitch to him (as opposed to here where they could try to pitch around him) is downright scary. Look for some *huge* numbers out of him this year.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: coldcut
Don't bring up Chokeland A's again guys. Zito, Hudson and Mulder will be playing for Red Sox, Yankees or any team with cap room in 3 years.
There is no salary cap in baseball. You just mean "money". :p

I'm not sure the A's will win the division this year, but they are still a decent team. Their hitting can't be worse than last year (and they could still make moves), and I think the starting rotation of Hudson, Mulder, Zito, Redman, and Harden looks like it might be even better than last year if everyone stays healthy. I'm just happy Terrence Long is gone. :D

In any case, the AL West will be a tough division. Vlad is great, but one player cannot do it all. Seattle, Anaheim, and Oakland all look like they have a shot.