Visual Studio License agreement

Pwnbroker

Feb 9, 2007
If I'm understanding the license agreement, since it says:
b. License Model. The software is licensed on a per user basis.
and:
a. General. One user may install and use copies of the software to design, develop, test and demonstrate your
then this means I can install on more than one computer, correct?

Tencntraze

Aug 7, 2006
To me it would seem so, since 'copies' is plural and this would not make any sense on the same computer unless you have multiple OS', but usually license agreements even consider that to be multiple computers, so you should be ok.

BigPete

May 28, 2001
Also, YOU need to be the one using it. It's ok on multiple computers but that's under the assumption that YOU will be the sole user. This license model makes sense for this particular application because of the way that it's used. Office, Home, and sometimes on a laptop as well.

Pwnbroker

Feb 9, 2007
lol well if anybody else in my house tries to use it, they'll be scratching their head a lot. I carry a laptop to school and work, but I'll be doing most of my work at home. Glad MS is just 99% money-hungry, cuz that would suck to pay $250X3 to be able to do my work.

BigPete

May 28, 2001
Even if the license prohibited you from using it on more than one computer at all, I wouldn't really give a crap if you did. I'm sure there are people here that would raise hell about it, but whatever. If you pay for a software license YOU should be entitled to use it whenever and on whatever machine you want, provided that YOU are the only user.

Pwnbroker

Feb 9, 2007
Yeah, that's the way it used to be, then somebody named Bill got greedy, and everybody else got jealous of his bank account.

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
Originally posted by: BigPete
Even if the license prohibited you from using it on more than one computer at all, I wouldn't really give a crap if you did. I'm sure there are people here that would raise hell about it, but whatever. If you pay for a software license YOU should be entitled to use it whenever and on whatever machine you want, provided that YOU are the only user.

QFT. I have never cared about the only one machine thing no matter if its a MS product, a game or anything else, If i bought it I put it on whatever one of my laptops or desktops i feel like.