Visual Studio 2010 C# Help

Adigo

Jul 20, 2005
I'm making a database windows application using Visual Studio 2010. It's a simple application with datagrids displaying table data. Most of this I created using the "data sources" drag and drop feature. I have a few text box's bound to the datagrids also.

I want instead of a text box for table input a drop down menu. My table has one field which is media (varchar). I want the drop down box to have the options "DVD, VHS, etc) and whichever is selected will be used instead of having to type "DVD" in a text box.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
Don't really get what you want. A drop down within a table column?

Anyway I might be wrong but if you have your database setup correctly which means you have a separate table for "Media" with entries "DVD", "VHS",... joined to your "main table" that might actually work automatically.

Adigo

Jul 20, 2005
Ah sorry, instead of a text box for any random data input I want a drop down box instead with pre-defined data. So instead of having to manually type the DVD, VHS, I can just selected it from the drop box.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Depends on if you want it dynamic (drop down values from a database) or static (drop down values written in the code).

Also, it sounds like you want the datagrid to change depending on the drop down value chosen. You'll need to wire up a method to the selectedindexchanged event of the drop down and write the method to fill the datagrid.